Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2010 Fury it came with cobra pipes and a power commander already installed, yet I am not completely satisfied with the sound. Will I benefit or regret removing the baffles and how difficult will this be?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Hey Spencer Dave welcome to the forum. You question is one that has been brought up many times on the forum with many different thoughts and opinions. You can do a search and read the various threads on this issue. There is probably enough views to write a book on this one but you should get an idea of what your looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes everyone under states how loud the cobras are without baffles.... I was at a local chopper shop and they had a vtx with the cobras and I had them start the bike for me.... It was real loud, they are loud without the baffles... I had to yell to talk wihile it was at fast idle....

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Welcome Spence. Take em out, if you dont like it put em back in, or like some they cut baffel in half and reinstall! Stock, 1/2 baffel, debaffel.:D Good Luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Remove the baffles, cut the first section off.

Start the bike and listen to it before you put them back in. I did this and decided I did not like the no baffle sound. Not only loud but, too hollow sounding.

Put the freshly cut 1/2 baffles in. Start the bike, ride and enjoy. The sound is perfect.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts