Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the new Cobra PowerFlo Air Intake System in the March 2010 issue of Parts Magazine. There are no details in the article that relate to mounting and I don't see it on Cobra's website. Does anyone know where more details about this product can be found?

Thanks

GARY

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can view the product on page 20 of March 2010 Parts Magazine (partsmagazine.com). The article makes it sound like it will be a complete package.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Read the article, really like the intake, I think it is the nicest one so far..Need it in black!

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Could someone post a link.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Thanks Gar you are still the man.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I have seen this bike in person and the only thing I didn’t like was the front fender. Reminded me of the Rocker C fender.

Speaking of which, I thing the Fury fender would look killer on the Rocker.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I have seen this bike in person and the only thing I didn’t like was the front fender. Reminded me of the Rocker C fender.

Speaking of which, I thing the Fury fender would look killer on the Rocker.
I disagree, I like this fender and in the process of cutting mine .
But my taste is different than yours, and that's what's makes us all individuals..:D
While some like the fender even longer, I'm going in the reverse direction.
While people justify it by saying it prevents debris from hitting the grill. The present fender is still allowing debris to hit it anyway. The Irate grill it is taking the brunt of the debris now.
T

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I spoke with Cobra a little more than a month ago they informed me that the first production will be out end of March or April and it will be a complete bolt on kit available in Chrome at first, didn't give price because they didn't have production costs at that time he wouldn't even give an estimate I'll give the guy in the morning and let you guys know

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Cobra Intake Chome or Black $250

they are taking orders through dealers now! The orders will be filled sometime in April. They are still waiting on some parts from K&M but they may get them out sooner.

Cobra Intake P/N 06-0133 Chrome 06-0133B Black

·
Registered
112 Posts
That Air cleaner is nice looking, I have the S&S air cleaner so curious to hear how people like the performance or if it sits to far out.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
i was told by the dealer that the new intake will be around $249.00 dave
Kingdave $249.00 is a very good price if thats what its going to cost considering I just picked up a spike air filter and I still need to purchase the L&M adapter kit at a cost of $280.00 and whatever else it will costs me to get it set up properly. i like the look of this and it might serve better than the spike intake if you should get caught in the rain. I might have to hold off and take a closer look at this intake as an option. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Kingdave $249.00 is a very good price if thats what its going to cost considering I just picked up a spike air filter and I still need to purchase the L&M adapter kit at a cost of $280.00 and whatever else it will costs me to get it set up properly. i like the look of this and it might serve better than the spike intake if you should get caught in the rain. I might have to hold off and take a closer look at this intake as an option. Thanks for the info.
You do know there are rain covers for the spike , I have one . Seems to work when I wash it . Dont like moderate rains anyway , rideing . That is a nice looking intake though

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
You do know there are rain covers for the spike , I have one . Seems to work when I wash it . Dont like moderate rains anyway , rideing . That is a nice looking intake though
It is a nice looking intake indeed. I know there is a rain sock out there that can be purchased for the spike intake but now I'm rethinking this a whole intake idea a little bit. I picked up a spike intake for the future project but I still have to buy the adapter kit. I still can't get myself to pull the trigger for that L&M chrome adapter at a cost of $280. I was undecided as to get the chrome one or a black one and have it painted to match the bike to help break up the engine chrome a little bit. I now I see this as a future intake choice and I really like the look of it and I am rethinking maybe holding off until I see for sure when its available and what the actual cost this will be selling for. It might be a lot cheaper in the long run, handle a sudden rain storm a little better and still have a nice look to it. To many decisions to make. I wonder what I'll have for lunch today.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think thats the best looking intake yet, now I just need to save up and get one. I do wounder if the black intake can be paitned to match the color of the bike, but the chrome isnt bad either.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts