Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, it came ... here are the results everyone has been waiting for ...

Bawwwhawhawhaw ... i have to break it in and see how it performs before i post the whole bike .. no? :D:eek:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok .. im gonna post up some things that i think Cobra forgot to mention, or just what i found to be an easier way to get the intake installed.

Remove the head cover off the rear cylinder right side. Dont want to scratch it.

You use the factory screws that hold the stock intake for the sandwhich of plates that you bolt together. It is recommended that you use Blue Lock Tite .. i used red cause that was what i had.

Check your screws! You should have 7 total. 3 that hold the cover to the plate. Mine came installed with the K&N still wrapped in the plastic. You should also have 3 more that are the same wize and thread count. Then you should have 1 that has more of a machine thead on it. This is the one that is used to hold the bottom brace to the bike. The same hole that holds the stock filter assembly at the bottom. I WASNT PAYING ATTENTION, AND MINE WAS SHORT 1 OF THE 3 THAT ASSEMBLED THE ENTIRE THING TOGETHER. I tried to use the longer finer thread as the 3rd bolt, and stripped it! Thankfully i had a screw that matched the threads for the 3 bolt, and i ended up using the factory hex head bolt to hold the brace at the bottom. ( you can see it in some of the pics ).

When you asseble the injector cover to the mounting plate assembly .. go ahead and add the support brace and tighten that bolt down. In the directions it suggestes that you first install the brace to the bike, then bolt the intake assembly to the brace from behind the assembly. Its tight in there, and its just easier to do it this way vs. Cobras.

When installing the cover, you have to use those 3 bolts i spoke of above. THE ABSOLUTE BEST AND EASIEST THING TO DO IS AS FOLLOWS ... install the top front, but just a couple turns. Then install the bottom front, again a couple of turns. This will give you some wiggle room for the cover to receive the last bolt that goes in the back. With the intake installed, you have no room between the intake and the cooling fins on the rear cylinder. By NOT TIGHTENING the front 2 bolts, you can move the cover out and install the bolt from behind. Tighten the rear first, then move to the front 2. SERIOUSLY, THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE BACK TO TIGHTEN THAT LITTLE BOLT. The bolts are 10MM BTW.

Looks ... you cant beat it. There are some minor inconsistancies in the chrome, but after years of doing the show circuit i have come to expect that nothing is perfect, unless your spending limits allow for perfection. Only i noticed it, and it took the GF a while to see it too.

Upon start up ... you can hear the intake actually working. It sounds the same as the aftermarket intake i have on my car. Its a sucking sound, that is over powered by my pipes once i start up the road.

Performance wise .. i really cant tell ya. Traffic was busy so i couldnt open it up from a stop to see. Remember, i also baby this thing as i havent been on a bike in almost a life time. I also found it interesting that the K&N filter is dry. Meaning there is no oil on the filter ... interesting indeed.

It doesnt stick out as far as the stocker .. but it still sits right there. You really cant miss it. From the front it looks agressive as all hell.

Hey SteveO ... i now have a stock intake for sale if your interested.;)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
It looks bigger than what I thought it would, especially from the side, and also sticks out more than I thought it would, but looks good. Nice write up for others to follow that are getting this intake. And the last thing is that yeah I would think that the filter would be oiled also, did you read the instructions about the filter to make sure it doesn't say to oil it?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know that AEM makes a dry air filter, but apparently K&N does not. What i do know is that if the original filter is cleaned .. it turns white. The oil that is added once the filter dries is what makes the gauze red. This way; as per K&N you can see the untreated areas on their filters.

I guess i was wrong. They must have a new process of oiling the filters .. cause like i said, there was no residue in the plastic that the filter was in.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Wow it really does looks nice on the bike.

And if your not happy with it you can probably make a few bucks on it by reselling it to SteveO!!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Looks good! I received mine today along with the FC. I'll install them in the next day or two. Thanks for the tips about installation

I wonder if Steveo is setting up that Bus Jump so he's first in something.:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
That looks really good. Wonder if there is a fab that makes a chrome cover for the casing on the bike it attaches to. Def the one ill prob get.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Now doesn't that look so much better than that stock breather? Hell yeah. Looks real good CB, and thanks for the helpful installation tips.

So, I wasn't clear on the end result from the above posts.....to oil, or not to oil? That is the question. What is the answer?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts