Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have cobra sweeps , dont get me wrong , i love them. they are getting a little annoying when taking long rides. Is there anything i can do ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They sound great in the streets. But my god man, they ring in my ears on highway:confused:. I guess I can get ear plugs

·
Registered
957 Posts
Have you removed the baffles or modified them? If removed, consider re-installing them. I believe they also sell quietcore baffles which are quieter than the stock cobra baffles and you may want to research that option further..I'm guessing that you are wearing a full helmet as well which can amplify inside the helmet and make it rather unpleasant after awhile and in that case, yes earplugs would be the way to go. I have cut-down modified baffles which are quite louder than original and had no issues while wearing my 1/2 helmet with bluetooth ear buds, but once i switched over to the 3/4 helmet in the colder days, my ears werent happy either and after an hour or so ride would be ringing, luckily its warming up again and ill be going back to the 1/2 helmet but am still on the lookout for some original baffles if i can score some. I recently packed my modified baffles with stainless steel wool but dont consider that a permanent solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes no baffles, yes full face. I love the sound, I think ear plugs might b the way to go.. dont want to lose the thunder

·
Registered
957 Posts
OEM stock baffles are very different and do not have the curve and may be a different diameter as well so i doubt they'd work without some serious manipulation. I dont even think they are removable and may be welded in. I know when i originally drilled the stock oem baffles it was like a metal mesh inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts