Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one done this yet or better yet got any pics/sound clips...

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
There's been a few threads with a multitude of posts on this particular subject. Most that have removed them love it. Some have cut the baffels in half and resinstalled for not such an obnixious sound. I personally like the way they sound with the baffels in for now.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think im sold on doing it... I will post a video of before and after on this...

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
or just get a bad a$$ set of pipes like the Morton Inferno's in the first place, lol, sorry had to do it.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
If your concerned with peformance Easy check out "Thunder monster baffles"
Pipes will be much louder and they are supposed to give better peformance then the stock baffle.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Removed mine and havnt looked back. If the pipes have been on the bike for a while they will be a PITA to get out, mine were.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I cut mine in half and rode like that for a week or so. I wanted to see how much louder it was without them and took them completely out. I love how loud it is now but I heard the motor gets carbon build up after a while. I want to know if this is true. I may just drill a hole in the center of the plate at the end of whats left of it.
Any comments on what I heard?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took mine out before the pipes went on! LOL So I couldn't even tell you what it's like with them and will never know!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've heard many people say that the Cobra swepts are quiet compared to other pipes (baffle in). But how do they compare in volume to stock? Anyone want to take a stab at a description?

I would like a little louder than stock, but live in a close-knit neighborhood and do not annoy anyone.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard many people say that the Cobra swepts are quiet compared to other pipes (baffle in). But how do they compare in volume to stock? Anyone want to take a stab at a description?

I would like a little louder than stock, but live in a close-knit neighborhood and do not annoy anyone.
I have a video on my link that has the Cobra pipes running... check it out if you want to hear sound of them right out the box.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I cut mine in half and rode like that for a week or so. I wanted to see how much louder it was without them and took them completely out. I love how loud it is now but I heard the motor gets carbon build up after a while. I want to know if this is true. I may just drill a hole in the center of the plate at the end of whats left of it.
Any comments on what I heard?

Interesting... I'll have to research this...

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
i cut mine in half and rode like that for a week or so. I wanted to see how much louder it was without them and took them completely out. I love how loud it is now but i heard the motor gets carbon build up after a while. I want to know if this is true. I may just drill a hole in the center of the plate at the end of whats left of it.
Any comments on what i heard?
i cut mine so its only one section left.then i drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the center.now mr.flat top cant give me a ticket,and they sound great.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts

They're definitely louder with a more pronounced signature, but it's not so loud that you'll get pulled over or annoy your neighbors. As with anything, if you rev the engine a lot, it'll get annoying. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are there any videos of baffles in vs baffles out that we could here side by side?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts