Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
remove the screw and work them out. The newer the pipes the easier because you'll have less buildup. I love the sound without them. LOT louder.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
so, the Cobra Pipes aren't any louder than the stock pipes?
They are louder, they are about twice as loud (generally 3db louder), if not more than that (probably even 6db louder). Most of the aftermarket pipes though, because of the Honda engine, are relatively quieter than on a Harley at idle, but quickly gain the much needed volume from them when gearing up the speed and at traveling levels.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Red is correct, when they were first installed and the dealer pulled the bike out I knew instantly the difference from stock, BUT without the baffles it is an even larger difference in volume

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of the baffels ? Just wondering if you could modify them to be a little louder without going to the extream ??

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of the baffels ? Just wondering if you could modify them to be a little louder without going to the extream ??
I'd like to see what they look like too. Also, I forgot who it was, but someone on here took the baffles out and cut about half of them off and put them back in for an even different sound level.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I'd like to see what they look like too. Also, I forgot who it was, but someone on here took the baffles out and cut about half of them off and put them back in for an even different sound level.
Right you are Steveo; If I remember they cut off 3 to 4 inches, got a little more low rumble.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
did you have to remove the pipes from the bike
shouldnt have to, might make it easier though but i would try it with them on first.

Just for that you made me get more than my 666 posts

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
You don’t have to remove the pipes. It’s actually easier with them on. That way you don’t have to try and hold the pipes also. I road for a month or two with them in, then decided to pull them. Now the bike sounds much better IMHO.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
while this topic is now re-visited lemme ask this. According the Furry Manual if you are replacing the exhaust, you need to replace the gaskets too? Can anyone conferm or deny?

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
while this topic is now re-visited lemme ask this. According the Furry Manual if you are replacing the exhaust, you need to replace the gaskets too? Can anyone conferm or deny?
In fact, every time you pull the pipes you should use new gaskets. Don’t try to reuse them.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
..So maybe just cut in half and reinstall..?? I would like a little more db just don't want to kill my headset for music & communications....wait..it is my wife that will want to talk sooo maybe leave them out..??..:eek:

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
..So maybe just cut in half and reinstall..?? I would like a little more db just don't want to kill my headset for music & communications....wait..it is my wife that will want to talk sooo maybe leave them out..??..:eek:

cut the baffle after the first restrictor.then put a 3/4 inch hole in the restrictor.you will be amazed at the sound.also,if mr. flathead trys to put his nightstick in it you are still leagal.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts