Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these installed yesterday (black) with the PC V. Amazing sound and increased HP to mid 60's. They dyno tuned it perfectly! BUT, these pipes feel like they run hot. Do they have/make heat shields? Black heat sheilds?

·
Registered
12,836 Posts
I just went on Cobra's site. Your pipes do include the black heat shields. They cover the entire length of your pipes just like the chrome ones. What you see are the heat shields. Your actual pipe is underneath. Look closely where the exhaust is attached to the engine and you'll see.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
did u install a power commander or fuel controller
The PCV is a fuel controller........................................

I just got these installed yesterday (black) with the PC V. Amazing sound and increased HP to mid 60's. They dyno tuned it perfectly! BUT, these pipes feel like they run hot. Do they have/make heat shields? Black heat sheilds?
Steveo is correct. They come with heat shields. If it was dyno tuned there shouldn't be a problem. I did have a leak in the rear cylinder gasket which was causing it to run extremely hot right around the area. Do you know if the shop that did the install used new gaskets?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The PCV is a fuel controller........................................
excuse the fluck out of me ,,,I was a mechanic for 20 yrs on diesel engines and a PCV valve wasnt a fuel controller,,,but thanks for the clarification,,guess your the smart guy here. you should be glad I actually dont know you,,,people like you usually get there teeth knocked out by people like me . sorry fellow fury members but comments like that are the reason why we have issues in here. but anyway,,duh me again Biatch:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
:DDaray don't mess with a marine...lol i have plenty in the old days and they can scrap.....................................;)..................But just not as good as us NAVY boys....lol...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
excuse the fluck out of me ,,,I was a mechanic for 20 yrs on diesel engines and a PCV valve wasnt a fuel controller,,,but thanks for the clarification,,guess your the smart guy here. you should be glad I actually dont know you,,,people like you usually get there teeth knocked out by people like me . sorry fellow fury members but comments like that are the reason why we have issues in here. but anyway,,duh me again Biatch:eek:
LMAO, how about you chill the fluck out. I honestly couldn't give two shats about how long you've been a mechanic. The PCV (for the Fury) changes the amount of fuel for different types of mods, hence the reason of me calling it a fuel controller. I'm pretty confident that many others members here would do the same.

And you're seriously making an online threat????? Again, LMAO. I'm never gonna see you in my life. It's pathetic that you're trying to scare me through the screen! How about you settle down, and realize that this is a forum full of different types of people who have different ways of communicating.

Just for the hell of it...

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
LMAO, how about you chill the fuck out. I honestly couldn't give two shits about how long you've been a mechanic. The PCV (for the Fury) changes the amount of fuel for different types of mods, hence the reason of me calling it a fuel controller. I'm pretty confident that many others members here would do the same.

And you're seriously making an online threat????? Again, LMAO. I'm never gonna see you in my life. It's pathetic that you're trying to scare me through the screen! How about you settle down, and realize that this is a forum full of different types of people who have different ways of communicating.

WoW That time of the month i guess................LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
LMAO, how about you chill the fuck out. I honestly couldn't give two shits about how long you've been a mechanic. The PCV (for the Fury) changes the amount of fuel for different types of mods, hence the reason of me calling it a fuel controller. I'm pretty confident that many others members here would do the same.

wow dare you are a douchebag

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I just went on Cobra's site. Your pipes do include the black heat shields. They cover the entire length of your pipes just like the chrome ones. What you see are the heat shields. Your actual pipe is underneath. Look closely where the exhaust is attached to the engine and you'll see.
Correct!
People say they run hot. I don't think they do. There just a little hotter then stock so at first you question it.
You won't even think about it anymore in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I had the power commander 5 installed. They said it does a better job at tuning all points throughout the throttle range. It sounds and feels great! Almost like a new bike.
good to hear, I adjusted my Fi2000 up a notch after intalling the Power flo intake, and after a few rides set it back to default on the pot settings, took her out 30 miles today and it ran great. Wish you well in your upgrades and ride safe. I also want to apologize for the post i made,,I honestly wasnt paying attention to the Pcv,,when I saw that I thought Positive crankcase ventilation,,not Power command V or whatever,,but any how good luck. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.