Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the cobra swept pipes added today; the style wasn't my first choice, but they look great; really a lot better in real life than in jpeg posts. But I'll try and post nonethless and give you a look at them. Haven't posted attachments before, so don't know if these will turn out ... we'll see ...

May try to upload a youtube little sound clip later; if I can I'll come back and edit a link into this post. IF I can do that lol ...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks great man! I got mine on order for my bike now. How do they sound? Are the baffles removable? And most importantly, how is the EFI taking it? Is it running good or did you have to remap?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They sound pretty good; better than I expected. I uploaded a 50 second Youtube soundbite, think the link below will get you there. The baffles look easily removable; couple screws about 4 inches up the pipes you can unscrew from the outside; you have to do it either before you put the covers on the pipes, or take them off again later to do it. Bike seems to run fine right out the door with the pipes installed; no remapping or anything; no backfiring, occasionally the tiniest hiccup sort of on deceleration. Bike runs a little better than with the stock pipes but not dramatically so. I plan to add the Fi2000r fuel master but the dealer said today they won't be out till October, I think, but it runs great right now as is.
I couldn't stand another day of those quiet damn stock pipes lol; plus they just looked "ok" .. which just doesn't cut it on a bike that looks "fantastic". Imho :)

Okies; let's see if this link works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-25UoH-r6c. Warning: the video was shot with a digital camera with limited movie function: don't expect much lol. Also, the pipes are a fair bit louder than you might think from the avi post. Best I could do lol :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update; that annoying cold-start engine surging that the Fury's all seem to do had all but disappeared at 200 miles or so with the stock pipes. When I put these pipes on, it came back and now with louder pipes has an even higher annoyance factor lol ... but no big deal. Hopefully with a couple hundred miles on these pipes it'll even out again. Also I'll be anxious to see what if any effect a fuel master has on things, when I finally get one added, or when someone else does.
Otherwise bike seems to run as well or slightly better with the pipes and w/o a fuel manager to this point. These pipes still have the baffles in btw if anyone's wondering after listening to the sound clip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have my new pipes ordered(back ordered) is should say. I can't wait to get them installed. Are your still doing pretty good? I like the sound and will post mine as soon as they get here. HURRY UP Cobra!!!!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Quick update; that annoying cold-start engine surging that the Fury's all seem to do had all but disappeared at 200 miles or so with the stock pipes. When I put these pipes on, it came back and now with louder pipes has an even higher annoyance factor lol ... but no big deal. Hopefully with a couple hundred miles on these pipes it'll even out again. Also I'll be anxious to see what if any effect a fuel master has on things, when I finally get one added, or when someone else does.
Otherwise bike seems to run as well or slightly better with the pipes and w/o a fuel manager to this point. These pipes still have the baffles in btw if anyone's wondering after listening to the sound clip.
Stonewheel:
Did you add the fuel management system when you changed out your pipes?
I have another post going on about this and curious if you did. Do you notice it running hotter or leaner on fuel?
Curious...
They sound great by the way..
Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely leaner

Stonewheel:
Did you add the fuel management system when you changed out your pipes?
I have another post going on about this and curious if you did. Do you notice it running hotter or leaner on fuel?
Curious...
They sound great by the way..
Thanks
Thx Tony,

There was no fuel management system actually released when I put the pipes on a few weeks ago, but to answer the question the bike *definitely* ran leaner at low rpm's - enough so that if I were doing it again I'd keep stock pipes until a fuel management system was available to go on at the same time. At crusing speeds it seemed to run fine, but the 'cold-start tendencies' of the fury seemed to be made worse by the aftermarket pipes w/out a fuel manager.
Hope to have a fuel manager, either cobra's fi2000r or power commander from dyno people on by tomorrow; I'll update when I do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in your results with the Fi200 from cobra. I am planning on the cobra swepts and the fi200, and would love love to get some real info on the two of them together. Those pipes look great!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool Kury's

Stonewheel, what are those turn signals. i kinda like them :)
Those are the Kuryakyn smoked deep dish bezels which quite a few guys on the forums here have added. They run around $93 for all four; with about $5 or $6 shipping and handling if you order direct from kuryakyn. found 'em a few dollars cheaper elsewhere, but the shipping was more; came out about the same. I have the red rear turn signal bulbs; was all they offered a month ago; someone said they now have an amber set for the smoked lenses. I can honestly say that for such a simple mod, easy to do in your garage in 20 mins, it make a dramatic difference in how good the bike looks compared to the big orange lollies it comes with :)

Kryakyn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts