Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got some cobra swepts and love them. Did the install myself and it went okay, more trouble than I figured it would be though.

Can someone advise me what they did to get the upper bolt tightened up on the exhaust bracket. I got the lower one tight but I cant get to the upper one with anything but my fingers.

Besides that they look good and sound wayyyyy better than what I expected!!!!!! The youtube clips dont do shit for justice on how loud they actually are.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im gonna give it another try to snug it up friday when i have time

·
Registered
92 Posts
yep that bolt is a little tricky, my pipes didnt get in till right at dark, so i have no shop ect. but i managed to get err done in the dark.... got a box in wrench on it luckly. and its tight, no leaks! still waiting on my power commander v to come in. sopost to be here in morning. that might be a bit more then i can handle, taking it to dyno shop to be installed and dyno tuned.... but yea, pipes are loud anough for me, was planning on pulling baffles but after i fired it up it sounded good anough for me, dont wont to draw to much att: but good luck with at!

·
Registered
92 Posts
do you have some sort power commander ect. yet? or just the pipes? was wonering if you have any poping on decal? i havent got my power commander on yet. have sm. poping but not ever time and not bad...

·
Registered
500 Posts
yep that bolt is a little tricky, my pipes didnt get in till right at dark, so i have no shop ect. but i managed to get err done in the dark.... got a box in wrench on it luckly. and its tight, no leaks! still waiting on my power commander v to come in. sopost to be here in morning. that might be a bit more then i can handle, taking it to dyno shop to be installed and dyno tuned.... but yea, pipes are loud anough for me, was planning on pulling baffles but after i fired it up it sounded good anough for me, dont wont to draw to much att: but good luck with at!
the baffled cobra's were loud enough for me also when I first put them on, but I think that was 'cause I was used to those quiet lil wimpy-assed stock pipes. After riding for awhile, *especially* when you ride now and then with a few guys on harleys and/or unbaffled furys the baffled cobra's also began to sound a little anemic to me. final straw end of last summer was decelerating to a light next to a guy I didn't know on a harley with what looked to be a set of Vance and Hines; his pipes were louder on decel than mine when I accelerated it seemed like. (not blastey-loud, just a richer deeper more powerful note - hey it's just aesthetics but that's how it sounded to me.)

Haven't made a final decision yet but am close to deciding to replace the cobra's with the viper-2's; but if I have to keep the cobra's since I can't seem to win the damn lottery for some incomprehensible reason; the baffles are a goner for sure ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you have some sort power commander ect. yet? or just the pipes? was wonering if you have any poping on decal? i havent got my power commander on yet. have sm. poping but not ever time and not bad...
Just a little popping on decel

·
Premium Member
13,740 Posts
you dont have to do a power commander with just cobra pipes.if you do air setup i would put one on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
mebbe mebbe not

you dont have to do a power commander with just cobra pipes.if you do air setup i would put one on.
Kind of a matter of opinion, or maybe individual bikes I reckon. My bike ran *noticeably* worse, I mean it was obviously running worse with just the baffled cobra's prior to air intake. The fi2000r made a big difference. Maybe it was just my own actual bike but I could never have run it long with out the fuel adjustor.

·
Registered
12,470 Posts
Kind of a matter of opinion, or maybe individual bikes I reckon. My bike ran *noticeably* worse, I mean it was obviously running worse with just the baffled cobra's prior to air intake. The fi2000r made a big difference. Maybe it was just my own actual bike but I could never have run it long with out the fuel adjustor.
I agree. I was going to install cobra swepts only, but was warned by enough people that I'd be taking a big chance, and it would be in my best interest to go ahead and get the fuel controller. I'm glad I did. Bike runs great. Not to mention that the Fi2000r will also make your bike run cooler. The freaking pipes are overpriced anyway...may as well spend a few extra bucks on the fuel controller.

·
Premium Member
13,740 Posts
yea i know what you mean.i had one in here that ran badfor a while but it cleared up.mine ran about the same till i changed the air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts