Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after getting the Raw Design Reaper tips a couple weeks ago, I saw a set of brand new Cobra Swepts for $470 shipped.....As much as I tried to resist, I couldn't pass them up. So.....Anyone interested in a set of Fury pipes with brand new Raw Reaper tips already bolted on??

Also, is it mandatory to have the Cobra Fi2000 installed with the swepts if leaving the baffles in?

· Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Shak,
Many on the Forum have said no .. But after awhile I think you will want those baffles out. (Then you can grow hair on you chest!)
The Controller with any exhaust change is still beneficial but I think from reading past posts that I would wait and see if you have a performance problem. Change much more than that....I would get one.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Shak,
Many on the Forum have said no .. But after awhile I think you will want those baffles out. (Then you can grow hair on you chest!)
The Controller with any exhaust change is still beneficial but I think from reading past posts that I would wait and see if you have a performance problem. Change much more than that....I would get one.
Paint on what you said I have a question,,like North Carolina to get my Bike inspected yearly I have to put baffles back in, doesnt that become a PITA , and once you get the set screws out off the back of the pipes,,how hard is it to get the baffles out,,is it something that slips right out or is it a pain to do. Just curious,,Ive been floating the idea of taking them out on my swepts. thanks

· Registered
354 Posts
getting the baffles out for me was a pain in the a**! Once I got them out, had too much gurgling on decel soI wanted to put them back in and never was able to get them in to align with the screw holes. I cut mine down to about 4" and then I could remove and replace them easy and when I wanted to.
With the rear baffle section and 4", stopped the gurgling on decel but kept it louder than with full baffles

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Thanks Gary,,Im looking for a simple way seeing I would have to do it every year,,take them out and put them back for my state inspection,,im leaving them in,,Bike sounds fine for me,,i mean after 3rd gear it roars, there not drag pipes,,My 1300 VTX had straight line Cobra Drags on her and roared without taking the baffles out. I like the swept look,,sad thing is my drags were i think 1 inch pipes,,lol these are like 2 1/2 arent they?

· Registered
354 Posts
yes, cutting the baffles down is just an idea just in case you ever want to slip them in and out. Being curved baffles makes it tough to take em out and then put them back in every year, thus the reason I cut mine down.

you are right full baffles sound good, just wanted a little more sound to cover the engine sound.

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
yes, cutting the baffles down is just an idea just in case you ever want to slip them in and out. Being curved baffles makes it tough to take em out and then put them back in every year, thus the reason I cut mine down.

you are right full baffles sound good, just wanted a little more sound to cover the engine sound.
i cut mine to four inches and cut the center out too.just enough to keep mr flathat off me. sounds good.to get them out take a peice of 1/4 inch rod and put a 1/2 inch 90 degree bend in it.hook a pair of vice grips on the rod,hook it in one of the baffle holes and tap the vice grips with a hammer.they should slide right out.ride safe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.