Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking out CobraUsa's website and found that they customized a Black Fury. I really like how the painted the motor.

Heres the link

CobraUSA | Honda Fury

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Was just curious what the Silver fury would look like with a black engine so I did a quick mock up....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd have to see it in person, but im betting that the black motor would probably look best on the black or le models. Cobra also posted a mock up of the swepts in black too.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Chrome rear hub and swing arm!

The chrome rear hub and swing arm look great! I will def have to do that too when I chrome my wheels. Nice paint as well.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Was checking out CobraUsa's website and found that they customized a Black Fury. I really like how the painted the motor.

Heres the link

CobraUSA | Honda Fury
What a pretty bike! But for god's sake, lose the windshield!

By the way, anybody know what air intake that is?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Lose the windshield, put risers on the handle bars, and create a damn shock to lower the rear end... then it would look alot better

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
WHat intake is that?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I knew someone would ask that.
They custom made it for the bike.
View attachment 1671
"One-offs" goes against what they say about the bike:

We built this custom Black Fury for American Honda for them to display throughout the year at key motorcycle events around the country. The intent was to make a motorcycle that was visually stunning, but equally road worthy. And it had to be the kind of bike that the average enthusiast could actually make at home in his own garage. So while this Black Fury at first glance looks like a full on custom, in reality, it truly is a machine almost anyone could replicate.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Im wondering if the sabre and stateline side covers are interchangeable. My only complaint is the gold leaf design and the side mount plate i gotta find a cooler one that i know is legal in my state and am not positive on getting lighting without having to run wire along swingarm then having to put a cover on swingarm to conceal it.

It is a very nice bike though and doesnt look like they sank a rediculous amount into it

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Bah, nm... closest filter I could find was the V & H Drak air filter...

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Bike looks great-Not lookin for new pipes but sure like the looks of those!
I also like the painted side covers and the blacked out motor...The windshield
looks ok and probably serves its purpose but not for me...Lastly probably not too smart to take off the radiator cover, but sure cleaned up the front...

-----------------
Burgundy Fury #711

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone chromed the lower forks as they did? I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove these and take them to be chromed with the rims?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Has anyone chromed the lower forks as they did? I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove these and take them to be chromed with the rims?
I've recently had wheels pulled (by dealer) to be sent for chroming; it was my intention at the time to do lower fork tubes, differential cover, and possibly polishing rotors. Unfortunately, my dealer in coordinating with the chromer told me the price for the lower forks alone would add $300 to the cost of the work; the differential cover would require several hours of shop time just to disassemble the differential which would have to be done to send the cover in for chroming which put it beyond what I could budget for this winter.

Since I'm already hovering over the $1k mark in parts alone (without labor charges) and still have several items I'd like to add, plus cost of chroming the wheels, I've reluctantly decided I'll probably wind up staying with the stock fork tubes and differential for now.

If anyone's done the forks/differential cover and found a cheaper way I'd love to hear about it.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I've recently had wheels pulled (by dealer) to be sent for chroming; it was my intention at the time to do lower fork tubes, differential cover, and possibly polishing rotors. Unfortunately, my dealer in coordinating with the chromer told me the price for the lower forks alone would add $300 to the cost of the work; the differential cover would require several hours of shop time just to disassemble the differential which would have to be done to send the cover in for chroming which put it beyond what I could budget for this winter.

Since I'm already hovering over the $1k mark in parts alone (without labor charges) and still have several items I'd like to add, plus cost of chroming the wheels, I've reluctantly decided I'll probably wind up staying with the stock fork tubes and differential for now.

If anyone's done the forks/differential cover and found a cheaper way I'd love to hear about it.
Find another Chromer! Seriously... they can crome 1 rim with edging out all the fallities that it has for less than 300$, that is just wrong... shop around.

Then again, the flip side to that is 150$ each to dismount the tire or take off the fork completely (if they don't spray it on the bike) then chrome it might be worth it... There is a chromer here in SD that does it for less that 100$ a fork, but that is one of my future projects and I would have to get back to you on the quality of it... TBH

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.