Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my stock Fury seat with a single seat that is comfortable for longer trips........Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
So far my C&C has been comfy, and I didn't even opt for the gel... was actually advised against the gel.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
You have lots of choices, C&C, Mustang, Danny Grey, and Corbin, just have to look around the forum as a lot of people have posted what they have bought and what they thought of them, but your looking to spend a nice amount of change for whatever it is just in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Did my own custom seat pan I had my upholstery guy use the gel insert I provided him with and I love it. Very comfortable...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I will check all of those models that were mentioned. Naturally price is a factor but so is being able to sit for more than 75 miles at a time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been looking at both the c&c and the danny gray solo seats, the danny gray seat looks alittle less chunky on the back, hard to really appreciate not looking at them in person, I know that I personally like to sit farther back into the seat when I ride, any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have found myself thinking that the Danny Gray could get me further back into the seat, but im sure there is the cushioning is there for my back. I have put as many as 100 miles on the seat in one trip, and find it firm. Im not squirming around as much as i was on the OEM seat. And my ass isnt killing me to the point where its numb in the first 20 miles. God, i dont miss that seat.

Sterling's Cycle Accessories.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Perhaps you might want to try and look at something local. I had mine re-upholstered at a local shop in my city and they did some custom stitching work too. They added a few layers of some different foam and I am really happy thus far...no sore ass :p They dealt with lots of bikes seats, I told them where my bum was hurting and after how long and they gave me a recommendation of what to put in the seat and it has been great thus far! Perhaps you can find a place like that close to your home. The bonus was that I only had to go without a seat for a couple days :) Obviously if you order one you won't have any down time, but it's something to think about.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I spent the money and went with the Corbin. I rode home from Indy last year, 555 miles only stopping for gas and the seat was awsome. It has a pretty high back that doesn't look bad and gives good lower back support. I went with the snakeskin look with blue piping and wouldn't trade it for any seat out there. $380 was the damage though but my momma taught me that you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i know this has been beat to death but i am looking for the upgraded butt comfort with two up riding that fits the oem sissy and hides the bolts. i dont think the c and c fastback makes the cut considering how much it costs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got a Danny Gray solo on my street glide and its the perfect blend of looks and comfort. If and when I decide to finally pull the trigger on a seat for the fury it'll be a Danny Gray.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone on here have the rumbleseat from corbin I'm wondering how comfortable it is and how it looks on the bike in the pictures on the corbin site it looks pretty bulky.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a Mustang with drivers backrest , kinda pricy and a lil bigger than c&c but the comfort level on longer rides is great .

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I've got a Danny Gray solo on my street glide and its the perfect blend of looks and comfort. If and when I decide to finally pull the trigger on a seat for the fury it'll be a Danny Gray.
I agree 100%- I have had back surgery with pins & screws -because of the danny grey seat a 200 mile ride is no problem mostly due to the great lower back support (Short Hop 2up seat)-it looks pretty good too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts