Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the completed custom molding of a gargoyle rising out from the tank. It was airbrushed really kool but looked a little to crazy so I had them adjust the paint to mostly black with some minor gray highlights. Afterwards, it was clear coated and ready to roll. Got plenty of compliments from many people at the show yesterday for our 9/11 ride. A lot of people also said they would not do it to their rides as well but appreciated the unique creativeness. Anyway ....... here it is.

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Very cool, I'm in the group that wouldn't do it, not that it isn't awesome it's just not my style. I like to be "subtly extreme". That's just plain extreme and they did a sick job!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like it also but I wouldn't do it to the tank but I would think of the rear fender or maybe the front. Something like this is what I mean for front like the old time hood ornaments.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I wish I would of made it Sunday Larry. That looks sick man. That is something I would have to see in person to appreciate. Paint came out perfect.
I tried to make it Sunday but I met someone Saturday night and I was kind of busy Sunday morning til 1. I dont regret missing the ride though :D
I still want to see it soon.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Here is the completed custom molding of a gargoyle rising out from the tank. It was airbrushed really kool but looked a little to crazy so I had them adjust the paint to mostly black with some minor gray highlights. Afterwards, it was clear coated and ready to roll. Got plenty of compliments from many people at the show yesterday for our 9/11 ride. A lot of people also said they would not do it to their rides as well but appreciated the unique creativeness. Anyway ....... here it is.

Larry

Whoa....that's freakin' awesome, Larry! Be even more cool if one of his hands was also coming up from the tank. How did they attach it to the tank? I would like to have something like that on the rear fender, but maybe a grim reaper instead.

If you wouldn't mind, how much did that cost you?

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Whoa....that's freakin' awesome, Larry! Be even more cool if one of his hands was also coming up from the tank. I would like to have something like that on the rear fender, but maybe a grim reaper instead.

I agree, something coming out of the back fender would be more to my taste. The artist did a great job on that Larry!

·
Registered
63 Posts
That looks nice! Does it feel wierd that it's staring at you while you're riding around? lol :)

·
Registered
330 Posts

Larry

Looks as though you are ready for a trip to Coney Island. LOL! Looks interesting to say the least. I think I would have had the wind blowing in it's face.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Larry that is freakin sick!!!! It turned out really nice,good job!
Yea man ..... thanks! I collect gargoyles and have them throughout my home. I just wanted to do something like this to make the ride more dynamic and intense. Obviously this is not for most riders and most have expressed that to me which is fine as I understand that simplicity is beautiful, especially for the Fury, however, I had to express my artistic uniqueness. It's made of fiberglass ..... the first thing I see is people staring at it up close and touching it - they gotta freakin' touch it man! Damnnn!

:eek::eek:
Larry

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's made of fiberglass ..... the first thing I see is people staring at it up close and touching it - they gotta freakin' touch it man! Damnnn!

:eek::eek:
Larry
They're probably trying to make sure it won't jump out and bite them! lol...

I don't know why people think it's ok to walk up and mess with someone else's things... I find it frustrating as well!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks like a seamless job... Definitely sick! Thanks for the pics... been waiting for them... I been sketching ever since I saw your original post... there are so many rad things that could be done... Just imagine a pair of skeletal hands coming out the sides of the tank... wristbones emerging where the teardrop narrows, hands arching just above the tank sides with fingerbones touching down just behind the largest diameter of the tank... And then there's... well you get the idea... Just a very cool concept and your guy appears to have done a terrific job! Congrats...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks great ! I never would have thought of that in 10**6 years...

If the look catches on, it's only a matter of time before someone creates 'The Alien' busting out of their tank :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well My Take On It Is Simular To Others But I Think That I Will Share One More Cent (Veruses My Normol 1.5 Cents)... The Fury Already Catches Almost Every Ones Eyes... What You Have Done Is Put A Spot Light On Your Bike To Make EveryBody And There Freakin Family Stand Up And Take Notice Of Your Bike... You Self Serving Piece Of... Just Playing Brother... It Came Out Great... You My Friend Are One Of The Few Fury Riders That Are Willing To Take Those Bold Steps To Set Your Bike Away From The Others... :D

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was only $450 so I couldn't pass it up. I took a chance on these talented ass Mexicans who do triple stage custom auto paint jobs + 3D moldings in this backdoor garage and I really feel their talent showed. I already planned on just getting a new tank if I didn't like it - LOL.
True story - they wanted me to leave my bike in the shop. I looked around and was like "you gotta be on crack kidd" so the next day I showed up with just the tank. These dudes started laughin' and speaking in spanish so I started laughing too. The main dude said that everyone was betting I wouldn't show up the following day with the bike BUT was really surprised to see me walk in carrying just the tank. Then one of them said "****** inteligente."

:eek::eek::eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts