Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the bike and would want to import it to pakistan in the near future, however I have one big concern about the ground clearance of this bike, as there are alot of speed bumbs in the country. I would not mind slowing the bike to under 10km/h but I do want to know if this is possible, especially because of the lenght of the bike.
If it is not can you please recommend something like longer suspension and not supension extenders.
Thank you in advance

· Registered
259 Posts
Yep speed bump clearance can be an issue for my fury compared to my other bikes. Trick is for me to be going slow enough to allow the suspension to come back to normal after the front wheel has gone over the speed bump, ie slow walking speed. If I don’t slow to a crawl I can bottom out. I only have the one speed bump & it’s not in my opinion a particularly large speed bump by any measure.

Of course this is all relative to the height of your speed bumps & your speed

The good part about being low for me is that the Fury’s lower clearance allows it to activate my car parks magnetic loop detector 100% of the time (same as a car) whereas my other bikes require me to stop, fumble for my electronic fob in my pocket ..drop my keys twice & nearly drop the bike against the concrete pole that has the fob receiver trying to pick them up

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you’ve rode prior to the fury, and the ride height is stock and with some care you should be just fine.
So you are saying if i ride slow enough I can overcome the speed bumbs without touching? worst case scenario, what happens when I hit the bike right in the middle? will things like bigger tires and new suspension help?

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
We have some nasty speed bumps in Sydney and I have never bottomed out on any of them. Of course I don't go over them at 60 KPH. About 25 KPH (15 MPH) is fine with just me on the bike. If my wife comes along I take the speed bumps a bit slower say 15 to 20 KPH just to be safe. When my wife is on the back I only increase the preload to the first mark and that is enough.

· Registered
259 Posts
We have some nasty speed bumps in Sydney and I have never bottomed out on any of them. Of course I don't go over them at 60 KPH. About 25 KPH (15 MPH) is fine with just me on the bike. If my wife comes along I take the speed bumps a bit slower say 15 to 20 KPH just to be safe. When my wife is on the back I only increase the preload to the first mark and that is enough.
Yeah it’s speed bumps in places like townhouse/unit complexes or car park entrances that I can bottom on. Stuff like the ones in school zones out on public roads etc are cool

· Administrator
4,348 Posts
Ground clearance is, depending on how you set the suspension, 5" or 6" (mine is 4" so your value may vary). Speed bumps are 3" typically, so if I'm not leaning, not going fast, and do not have a passenger I'm fine. If any of that isn't true then I have to air up the suspension or have the passenger get off.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wait......... this chopper has factory built in pre loads????????????????????? that are adjustable???????? and how much mm of ground clearance can i get max?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd be more worried about giant potholes and missing manhole covers. I've seen some interesting streets in countries like the DR and Philippines. How are the streets in Pakistan?
That is a very real consideration but if you have lived in Pakistan for long enough you can totally avoid them and take several paths to your destination.

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
wait......... this chopper has factory built in pre loads????????????????????? that are adjustable???????? and how much mm of ground clearance can i get max?
The preload does not "raise" the bike as such. It compresses the spring slightly so that it becomes stiffer and more resistant to bottoming out or sagging with a pillion on the back.

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
Yeah it’s speed bumps in places like townhouse/unit complexes or car park entrances that I can bottom on. Stuff like the ones in school zones out on public roads etc are cool
I thought we had it bad in Sydney with speed bumps but I have yet to come across them in residential developments. Shopping centre car parks, yeah they go a bit overboard with them. Around my local area they have them all over the place, plus if that is not bad enough they put roundabouts in almost every intersection and we are not talking about a rat run to beat the traffic on the main road. Just a quiet residential area with houses, no apartments or townhouses to bring extra cars into the area. @WI_Hedgehog our speed bumps are all over 75mm (3"), there is one on one of the two roads into my suburb that is about 200mm (8") high and is about 1.8M (6') long across the whole road! You go up on to it for a bit then down.

· Registered
720 Posts
I love the bike and would want to import it to pakistan in the near future, however I have one big concern about the ground clearance of this bike, as there are alot of speed bumbs in the country. I would not mind slowing the bike to under 10km/h but I do want to know if this is possible, especially because of the lenght of the bike.
If it is not can you please recommend something like longer suspension and not supension extenders.
Thank you in advance
From what it sounds like and what I know about the country ...you need to get a ride with a little more clearance and something that handles a little better...
Just my opi..

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From what it sounds like and what I know about the country ...you need to get a ride with a little more clearance and something that handles a little better...
Just my opi..
yes....... perhaps im pushing it too hard but I have never felt this way for a bike, infact I was not even in the bike scene not too long ago. My country is without a doubt not the ideal country for this bike but if the fury can cross 200mm then i can pass about 70% of all speed bumps, I live in amongst the few cities that are considered the most developed, and I refuse to let go of the fury.......
I do intend to use it only on the places where i know it is okay to go, plus there are alot of harley davidson vrods, diavels and vmax over where I live, there are alot of rx7s and even lamborghinis here in pakistan, if the can get through so will the fury, right??? rightt??

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
yes....... perhaps im pushing it too hard but I have never felt this way for a bike, infact I was not even in the bike scene not too long ago. My country is without a doubt not the ideal country for this bike but if the fury can cross 200mm then i can pass about 70% of all speed bumps, I live in amongst the few cities that are considered the most developed, and I refuse to let go of the fury.......
I do intend to use it only on the places where i know it is okay to go, plus there are alot of harley davidson vrods, diavels and vmax over where I live, there are alot of rx7s and even lamborghinis here in pakistan, if the can get through so will the fury, right??? rightt??
Yes for sure.

· Registered
2015 Furry
86 Posts
Go for it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts