Honda Fury Forums: banner

Considering a fury, any regrets / downsides?

10K views 83 replies 20 participants last post by  muddypaws3 
#1 ·
The only downside I can think of is the functional disadvantages of a chopper style (discomfort, handling, turn radius, tough for long rides), but I can’t seem to find a dirt owner that isn’t extremely happy with the bike. I don’t need an unbelievably comfortable bike, but want to avoid back pain. I don’t anticipate going on huge rides. I live in a mountainous areaa so there are lots of twists and turns which may be a downside.

#3 ·
I haven't found a downside to the Fury yet. Other than I keep spending money on modifications.

Mine doesn't give me back pain and I am on the stock seat. But that can be a function of rider as well. It does have a big turning radius. But I don't normally do circl;es, so it's fine. As far as twists, the Fury handles great. Low center of gravity, light so it is easy to toss around. I would always recommend this bike to anybody that is considering it.

#30 ·
I’ve had my Fury for a year now. Fought the urge to add a windshield, and change the seat- so did cosmetic upgrades only. I do need a K&M air filter to get a few more HP. I’m 6’3, 240 and the Fury fits me well, with plenty of juice. I only do short pleasure rides now, after years of Fatboy highway riding. I love the lines and teardrop tank. Removing the Cobra exhaust baffles makes for a nice rumble. A 6th gear would be ideal, with a narrower air filter/cover, but I like everything else about this bike. I took all the Honda emblems off, which keeps people guessing- ha. The Fury is great and doesn’t look like all the other cookie cutter cruisers. 👍

#5 ·
Admittedly, I own far more comfortable motorcycles. My Honda V-65 Magna with a removable windshield is far more plush, far faster, wayyyy easier to drive, and also thin and kind of sexy. However, nothing, nothing beats the Fury when it comes to a relationship.

#15 ·
Whether accelerating or decelerating, when passing through 110 the wobble would hit almost every time. Other than that, I loved that bike. I have never been in or on any other vehicle doing 140 MPH before or since. For me, that's too fast, at least on public roads.
I’ve been over 190 in my Vette, 198 on my Ninja, 120 on my Vulcan, 188 in my 67 Camaro SS, I’ve even be clocked on my Banshee at 105 on the street…. I love going fast but age has retired my inner speed demon.

#16 ·
I’ve been over 190 in my Vette, 198 on my Ninja, 120 on my Vulcan, 188 in my 67 Camaro SS, I’ve even be clocked on my Banshee at 105 on the street…. I love going fast but age has retired my inner speed demon.
Same here. Even back then when I was young doing 140, I remember thinking that if a turtle walks out on the road, I'm dead. Everything starts to look different at those speeds.

Now days, I'd prefer something with low end power that throws you back. I don't even care to go over 60 MPH. I just want to be able to get up to that speed extremely quick. Unfortunately I have nothing like that at the moment.

#18 ·
The "small" tank is not a problem for me as by the time I need fuel I need to stop and pee anyway if I am doing a long ride. Around town, riding to work and back I get 160 to 180 KLM before the fuel light comes on. That works out to more than a week of running around, so the "small" tank is still not an issue.

#19 ·
It's never been too much of an issue for me, but there are some rides I go on where I stop to top off the fuel tank at the first gas station I come to just to make sure I can make it to the next one. I would really like to have a bigger tank so I didn't have to worry about running out of fuel. When I'm out in the middle of nowhere enjoying the back roads, some of those little towns don't have gas stations. I'd hate to have to knock on someone's door begging them to take some cash for their lawnmower gas.

#21 ·
Check to make sure the plug at the bottom of the tank is plugged in. There are a few threads like the 50 MPG thread where people found out that if the sensor goes bad or the plug is unplugged and you stop feeding the engine its beverage of choice it unceremoniously protests.

180 miles on a tank should be doable, depending on driving habits, ECU, intake, exhaust...

#28 ·
Love mine. I just rode to Grand Canyon from Las Cruces and it was a very enjoyable ride. I will say that I am replacing the stock seat, but in the meantime, I put a small plush pad over the seat and it's quite comfortable. The ride is smooth and the bike has power to move down the highway. I have a spitfire windshield, works great and I carry a gallon of fuel at all times so I never get stuck. I own a VTX 1300 and the Fury beats the brakes off of it in all categories. Plus, very pretty and nice women stop me to talk about it wherever i go 😉
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

. Best purchase ever!

#29 ·
Here she is on the loading dock the day I picked her up. My only regret is overlooking the Fury years earlier! Tight turns at low speed are different than on shorter bikes, yes, but on my test drive day I went right away to a 2-lane road and did some U-turns without issue. No other handling issues at all. It took about 30 seconds on the test ride to be amazed now normally it handled. The only surprises have been positive, like how much attention it gets, and how super fun it is to ride.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

#51 ·
I'm, kind of a bike slut, ...
(stands up)
Hi, my name is Hedge, and I have a motorcycle addiction.

Unless something changes, my next bike will probably be a Chevy V-8 small block wrapped in tubular steel with two wheels stuck on.
Footwear Tire Wheel Vehicle Leg

#55 ·
My only complaint... The rear seat ain't big enough for all the tail the Fury attracts...

Font Parallel Rectangle Logo Graphics

#62 ·
The 13b I pulled from an '87 was pretty tall, but I didn't really look it over much and I think alot of the height was intake manifold. Maybe a candidate? IIRC, the oblong design of the 'block' was vertical in orientation, but theoretically, I don't see why a wankle couldn't change that to a horizontal orientation with some oiling changes.... I could be wrong though...

Reactions: Gizmo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.