Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since My local shop just [email protected] up My lower triple and stem there couldn't be a better time than now for someone to convince me that this setup is safe . I do like the look but i am not sold yet on the safety side of it .

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Since My local shop just [email protected] up My lower triple and stem there couldn't be a better time than now for someone to convince me that this setup is safe . I do like the look but i am not sold yet on the safety side of it .
Billy I am not sure I could convince you of anything other than you can only die once. I think, heard of weird stuff but all I know of only died once. I have a stock tree if you need one. I am convince my 8* trees are safe or as safe as I am riding.:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Because RSS rides so hard:p and so much with this setup, I would not think twice about the safety side of it. The only thing holding me back is the 7 Benji's I have to fork out.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billy--how did they mess up? hard to comment if we don't have more back story.
Dude I needed them to take the stem off the tree it was already off the bike . I was going to do a custom blinker set up in the tree by drilling 6 small holes through the front , 3 holes on each side then insert leds from behind . Then i was to powder coat them black but The shop has me stopped dead in my tracks right now ! They some how put a huge gouge down the stem and sliced off the bearings .

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Bikers have been doing these trees and extenders for a long time. If you want to ? safety, you should see the old way they done it :eek:

it's safe

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Dude I needed them to take the stem off the tree it was already off the bike . I was going to do a custom blinker set up in the tree by drilling 6 small holes through the front , 3 holes on each side then insert leds from behind . Then i was to powder coat them black but The shop has me stopped dead in my tracks right now ! They some how put a huge gouge down the stem and sliced off the bearings .
oh yeah, big time f'up there. there's just a couple things to consider with 8° trees:
1. do you want that look?
2. you may need to consider handlebar risers to keep the bars or accessories from dinging the tank and to give you access to the gas cap for fillups.
3. safety? not really proven on the Fury. it's a new product. but, folks have been chopping bikes for decades. so, this may be a moot point. you will have to get used to different handling characteristics.

worst case: your shop buys a replacement tree/bearing/stem and you're back to square one.
best case: if you planned on spending more $$ for 8° trees,now's the time for that upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Left turn drivers talking on cell phone are more likeley to kill you than the extenders........................:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Left turn drivers talking on cell phone are more likeley to kill you than the extenders........................:eek:
teenagers on cell phones...
turning left.
now, that's a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
With extenders your displaceing stress over a massive area so i wouldnt be too concerned. Bikes have used raked trees for years. Your bike will handle worse, but look cooler. If you are considering it heavily I would do it now since you arnt paying for all of it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With extenders your displaceing stress over a massive area so i wouldnt be too concerned. Bikes have used raked trees for years. Your bike will handle worse, but look cooler. If you are considering it heavily I would do it now since you arnt paying for all of it.
Dude I hear you but how do i get the shop to compensate me on that and then buy the 8 degree trees ?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Dude I hear you but how do i get the shop to compensate me on that and then buy the 8 degree trees ?
quote out the oem prices for the items they ruined.
then, take that figure and tell them they owe you that in cash or labor.
you'll supply the new replacement parts. (L&M)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's real simple DON'T BUY THEM....:cool: you want safe sell the bike buy a tank.........
Dude this is far from my first rodeo !!! I have had a total of 10 street bikes since I was old enough to drive or ride which ever way look at it and countless numbers of ATV's . I have all the scars to prove it .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote out the oem prices for the items they ruined.
then, take that figure and tell them they owe you that in cash or labor.
you'll supply the new replacement parts. (L&M)
yeah I hear You but I would be doing the work so the labor is out the door . They are a Honda dealer so You know they get this stuff dirt cheap or even next to nothing .

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
why not just ask how many folks have had problems with the trees.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why not just ask how many folks have had problems with the trees.
I don't think anyone on this forum has yet . They are to new ... When i googled this earlier I was getting post on other forums to pop up and there were a lot of mixed emotions about this . This is why I am trying to convince myself . i did learn something new today with my google search these extenders use to be called "slugs" .

·
Registered
788 Posts
I hope they're safe or I'm a dead MF'r (and thats not MFR):D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
There is no reason to try and persuade you, you have already made up your mind. Go with what you feel as again, you have already made up your mind.

These extenders are safe, end of story from my side.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts