Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just quoted for full dyno tune on both cylinders with pcv $325.00 . does that sound about right

·
Registered
358 Posts
150 in oklahoma at chaps my ass bike shop

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
$400 in a Reputable shop in Phoenix, although, that includes tuning... not just a Dyno to see your numbers.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yep

I was just quoted for full dyno tune on both cylinders with pcv $325.00 . does that sound about right
Tuners can do what they call a 3-pull run; I'm not sure what all it entails but it is a basic tune that covers 3 power ranges but only as a kinda broad sweep. (as explained to me by a local performance shop tuner). A full-blown pc5 tune (more typically for performance machines) is an exhaustive dyno run which takes lots longer and plugs data into each and every one of I think 15 tables in the pc5 (I forget the exact number) for a really thorough analysis and adjustments throughout many more points in the powerband. The $300-range is quite typical for this type of run; was quoted to me by more than one dyno-tune operator.

sorry for the lack of more technically precise terms, but the guys were trying to put it into laymen's terms for me; this is how I understood things. I think in a general sense it's all correct.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
in richmond va.full tune dyno.is 175.00.it takes about 2 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$250.00 in Nor Cal, about three hours of abuse... Painfull to watch.

60HP and 75 ft lbs with Cobra Swepts, S&S intake and PCV.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
65 HP and 80 ft lbs with Viper 2's, Spiked Intake & Fuggin Fuel Controller.

·
Registered
50 Posts
460brevill, Which shop did you take it to. I'm in D.C. area an it would definitely be worth the drive for that price.

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts