Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running any kind of cruise control on their Fury’s? I am looking for some options.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Break AWY

Clueless told me about this one The Breakaway its the best for brake release and you can tweek it will rolling
189.00 not alot for a big roller like you Rich:D
I love mine!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about a real cruise control or a throttle lock ?
You should know me better than that, Real Cruise Control.:)

Clueless told me about this one The Breakaway its the best for brake release and you can tweek it will rolling
189.00 not alot for a big roller like you Rich:D
I love mine!
Any links to save me time, or I can google. Thanks! did you get it?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
You should know me better than that, Real Cruise Control.:)

Any links to save me time, or I can google. Thanks! did you get it?
There are some threads on the VTXOA about adapting an Audiovox to a mc, but they (VTX) have a carb, don't know how to get the FI to work with one, the Brake Away is here Brake Away Part Number: BRA-5CP02 - Direct Line Parts I really like it on my VTX and am moving it to the Fury soon. (Anyone want to buy an 06 VTX1300C ?)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i have the breakaway. it's a throttle lock. doesn't adjust speed according to terrain.
on the other hand, it truly ROCKS!

relieves the right hand of that steady pressure that runs all the way to your back.

it's one of the best purchases i've ever made for this bike.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clueless, I know it is very subjective, but is there any advantage one way or another, cruise vs lock? Guess I’m looking for your opinion mostly.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
on the vtx forum i read the installation doc on true cruise controls. very detailed, lots of disassembly, and very expensive--like over a grand.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Crap, dont like the sound of that.:(
whoa, i may have mispoken. there is a thread on there and the cost is under a few hundred bucks.
i think the auto-turn signal mod was the expensive mod.

anyway, do a search on audiovox cruise controls. don't know much more until i read the thread.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
google audiovox cruise control

the link from the vtx forum was a typical jc shitless link that points to anything but what you want.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Clueless, I know it is very subjective, but is there any advantage one way or another, cruise vs lock? Guess I’m looking for your opinion mostly.
I don't ride 1 or no handed much, I like to be able to rest my right hand often (carpel tunnel) so the lock works fine for me. I chose the Brake Away due to it's looks, and the fact if need be a slight touch of the front brake releases it. I have it adjusted so it doesn't take much of a push with my thumb to set it, and I can fine tune it by twisting the throttle a little more or less

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
it's an easy install. you'll love being able to rest your hand occasionally.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts