Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I'm browsing ebay and came across this Custom Seats

Has anyone bought them? And if so are you happy with the buy? I'm thinking if they look good, I'll skin my own seat.. there are plenty of youtube(s) on it and a website dedicated to the concept.

DIY Motorcycle Seat

You see, I have more time than money so I'll do it myself!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Looks like a nice cover but the thing is to make the seat more comfortable too so think about purchasing some different type foam or some gel inserts to help with that and then I think you'll have a winner.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i recall Richard mentioning aircraft foam-don't remember how he completed that project.
i do know that it's a heck of a lot cheaper to buy some medium stiff foam and re-do your seat than to have a custom.
first thing i would do would be to remove the oem cover and test that oem foam.
press it between your thumb and forefinger--you can feel your thumb and forefinger touching...it's too soft.
you want foam that can handle a bit of pressure--you'll be less likely to feel iron-butt with a stiffer foam.
remember, the foam must act as a shock absorber. if it is bottomed out you are, essentially, sitting on the seat pan.

i have a custom C&C it's very comfy-worth the $$.

for longer rides, i hear that the corbins and mustang seats with backrests are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I've been to that site before, like you I don't have the money right now....

I rode my bike last weekend with the intent to feel the oem seat the whole time....rode it for 4 hours......came to the conclusion that the stock oem seat isn't wide enough for my butt.....guess I'll have to consider C&C since it is supposed to have a wider cradle......maybe the C&C owners can confirm.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I've been to that site before, like you I don't have the money right now....

I rode my bike last weekend with the intent to feel the oem seat the whole time....rode it for 4 hours......came to the conclusion that the stock oem seat isn't wide enough for my butt.....guess I'll have to consider C&C since it is supposed to have a wider cradle......maybe the C&C owners can confirm.
I'm tired of telling you about the damn C&C seat. I've been telling you about it for almost a year now. Go buy the damn thing already! LOL :D

Seriously, yes it is a little wider and that helps a lot, along with the firmness of the foam. The best mod that can be done to this bike is a comfortable seat. If I can't outlast that tiny fuel tank because my ass is screaming in pain, then the bike is of no use to me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are seriously missing the point of my post!! I'm a poor son of a biatch! If I could afford a C&C seat, I'd be all over like a like a fat guy on cake, but I can't afford it right now so I'm going the inexpensive route!

I'm wondering if anyone has already bought this cover for their seat. That DIY seat reworking site lays out (in great detail) how to rework your seat to make it more comfortable and custom fit it to my fat ass. It also tells you the types of foam/gel materials to buy and where.

I just figured since I'm gonna fix my seat, I might as well skin it too.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
You guys are seriously missing the point of my post!! I'm a poor son of a biatch! If I could afford a C&C seat, I'd be all over like a like a fat guy on cake, but I can't afford it right now so I'm going the inexpensive route!

I'm wondering if anyone has already bought this cover for their seat. That DIY seat reworking site lays out (in great detail) how to rework your seat to make it more comfortable and custom fit it to my fat ass. It also tells you the types of foam/gel materials to buy and where.

Lol, don't mind them... they didn't forget, they just get sidetracked wayyy too easily... :p

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts

The only negative I heard/read was that they give you just enough material to cover the seat, not much extra to wrap under.

Option: I was looking to do the same and looked up Faux leather on google and found tons of places for covering material and foam for seats, all looked reasonable in prices.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
So.. I'm browsing ebay and came across this Custom Seats

Has anyone bought them? And if so are you happy with the buy? I'm thinking if they look good, I'll skin my own seat.. there are plenty of youtube(s) on it and a website dedicated to the concept.

DIY Motorcycle Seat

You see, I have more time than money so I'll do it myself!
i made a cover and put the aircraft foam in this seat in 2009.650 mile trip with no pain. cost was about 115.00

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
So if I go with a C&C seat should i get the gel or just not bother with it? Is it more comfortable with or with out?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Personally would suggest firm padding over gel. The gel is nice up to 100 miles, then after that starts to hurt a little...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i made a cover and put the aircraft foam in this seat in 2009.650 mile trip with no pain. cost was about 115.00
Aircraft foam.. what the F is aircraft foam! I've googled and returned foam to make an aircraft, but I can't imagine that's what you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Aircraft foam.. what the F is aircraft foam! I've googled and returned foam to make an aircraft, but I can't imagine that's what you are talking about.
Try memory foam ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I make custom seat covers. Here are a few I have made up for the Fury.

I have many different patterns and colors of exotic vinyl patterns available. I can also do accent stitching in red, blue, black, White, orange, and teal thread.

Comes with instructions for removal and installation.

My email is [email protected]
Contact me for options. Made to order.
$125 for 2up set. $75 for solo. Includes shipping within the US

1 - 16 of 16 Posts