Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good company that can rework my existing seat. I'm not interested in aftermarket replacements. I'd LOVE to find someone relatively local to me so I can explain in person exactly what I'm looking to have done. Can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had memory foam and impact gel put in, recovered with the stock vinyl
Isn't that to soft? I mean all the custom seat builders over here discourage the use of soft foam and gel for longer trips.

Have you considered removing the bolts from the backseat, that would clean up the side view.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Did you have to send your seat to them, of did they send you the materials and you installed it?
I sent my seat in to them. I think it took a week or so... I can't recall the exact amount of days off hand though.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Isn't that to soft? I mean all the custom seat builders over here discourage the use of soft foam and gel for longer trips.

Have you considered removing the bolts from the backseat, that would clean up the side view.
I like it, have done a few 300 mile days with no problems, not too sure the memory foam is soft foam, don't have the back seat anymore

·
Registered
835 Posts
Custom Seat Work

I highly recommend www.bitchnstitchninc.com. Tell Dan that I sent you. He does exqusite work...best I've ever seen and is reasonably priced. He is in Lakewood, CO. I mailed my seat to him and he mailed it back. Here is a picture of my stock seat. He inlaid a pewter lady riding a dragon in the back and did blue ostrich and black suede.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I highly recommend Bitchn Stitchn Inc.. Tell Dan that I sent you. He does exqusite work...best I've ever seen and is reasonably priced. He is in Lakewood, CO. I mailed my seat to him and he mailed it back. Here is a picture of my stock seat. He inlaid a pewter lady riding a dragon in the back and did blue ostrich and black suede.
What all did you have done there? Just the inlaid pewter emblem and recover or did he rework the existing foam and add any gel or other padding? What was the final cost if you don't mind me asking? I'm really leaning towards mean city but they don't seem to have any exotic coverings that they offer. I'm not sure I'm going to go that route but I'd like to get estimates and see if it's affordable to have done while they've got the seat...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Passenger seat mod comfort?

I wanted to see if those that re-worked their stock seats still like them? Also, any feedback on how the comfortable the passenger seat is after modification? My wide's tailbone doesn't like the stock seat....

Mean City Cycles looks promising.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.