Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a new sissy bar with a local Fabricator at Arlen Ness "Shaun Ruddy" we'll be starting right after Laughlin Run next week. He's from Austraila maybe some of the mates down under have heard of him. Depending on Chromers schedule should have it back in 2-3 weeks form start date.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Shaun's a great guy easy to talk too, explained what I wanted and as an Aussie would say "No Worries Mate". The bar will mount up like the stock one and be approximately 15"-17" high and bend a little closer to the driver so my wife will sit a little closer to me. I personally don't like the bars coming over the outside fender "JMO" it will also be strong enough to support her and a small carryall from the back.
Attached are a couple of crude drawings

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I like it... can't wait to see the finished product!

With my trip to Lake George I need a sissy bar in place to hold a bag, don't know if I can wait to hear the results of Ginz's investigation. May need to come up with an alternative.

Either that or screw the sissy bar bag, get a swingarm bag, and tough it out. I can buy t-shirts up there, just wear a pair of jeans and wash my shorts every other day. :D:D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it... can't wait to see the finished product!

With my trip to Lake George I need a sissy bar in place to hold a bag, don't know if I can wait to hear the results of Ginz's investigation. May need to come up with an alternative.

Either that or screw the sissy bar bag, get a swingarm bag, and tough it out. I can buy t-shirts up there, just wear a pair of jeans and wash my shorts every other day. :D:D
Understand last year on my PCH trip I straped a one man tent sleeping bag onto the back along with one extra pair of jeans, two shirts and a couple pair of underwear and socks. Bike is definatley not made for hauling stuff but I figured being alone on the ride I'm the only one who's gonna smell me, took a shower every other day in the camp grounds and stopped on the fourth and eight day and did some laundry at the KOA

·
Registered
788 Posts
So you are saying the new bar would mount up like the oem bar? As in would use same bolt holes? If so, yeah, can't wait to see it. Excellent project!!!

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
GF, I like alot. have you thought about of replacing the Nail in the center with the F in fury?

·
Registered
438 Posts
So you are saying the new bar would mount up like the oem bar? As in would use same bolt holes? If so, yeah, can't wait to see it. Excellent project!!!
Yeah that would be great indeed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts