Honda Fury Forums: banner

Custom Skull Key

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Cowboy1nCA 
#1 ·
Just a little upgrade to the factory key from x-cessories.net.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Does this replce the key, or fit on the key? Do you still use a key to start the bike with this installed?

What you do is have a duplicate key made, then you have to cut the top off of it and trim it to fit in a slot in the back of the skull (they have other options as far as designs) and then a set screw holds it in place. Then you fill the area around the key where it goes into the knob with JB Weld, let it six for 24 hours and PRESTO, you have a custom looking key. So yes, it does replace the key so to speak and a key is still used to start the bike.

#8 ·
I order a punisher key fromhttp://www.sebastiansilversmiths.com/

Attachments

#9 ·
It comes already mounted you just need to have it cut

#10 ·
#11 ·
I love the items from x-cessories.net and have used the key holders on both of my VTX bikes and now the Fury. You should look at the "dots" they have, too. I find 2 or 3 places to put them on my bikes.
True story...the first time I used the key fob and took the bike to the dealer for service, they had to call me to find out how to start the bike. So, I feel fairly safe leaving the key in the bike for short periods of time.
Kenny is great to deal with...give them a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.