Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that know our sissy bars for the Honda Fury know that we do quality work.(wwwOutlawChrome.com) So when we did a custom bar for a customer we decided to post it up here to see what you guys think. The bars are 6" taller than factory, but the production bar we will be making will be around 4" taller than factory. Do you guys want the factory gauge panel or did you want to pay the extra hundred to two hundred for a after market digital gauge?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Man if those sat just above the tank I'd buy them right now. How about the pull back, I need something with less, obviously those being higher it would be more forward but i would like to see lower with less pull

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree, I would love to have some handlebars like these if they were nice and low to the tank. The factory ones have too much pull back on them. I am 6'5" and I would love to have my arms farther forward on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, our customer wanted them tall. But if we do drop it down the 2" it should be right in the best spot. The pull back on the bars is very little, we don't like running them straight because it messes with the wrist and puts them at a weird angle. We put enough angle in them just to get the riders wrist 90 degrees with the bars, way more comfort that way. I'm 6'6" and those weren't to bad, but a little more forward is better.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Well if you can make them let me know a price just pm me and let me know. Just above the tank straight up and slight bend in the bars, I'm fine with 32" width maybe 34" would be nice too. Let me know I'm very interested

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
I like the look but don't think the factory speedo would look good with them ? Maybe digital mirrors ? What's the $$$ ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Personally I think they don't fit the bike... too tall and odd looking.. some styled apes would fit much better, but whatever works for the customer is what they get....

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I agree with Thrifty!
I do too... but maybe a couple inches less would look better? Maybe you pushed them up too high? All I know is something looks odd or a little off. Which I find strange since I've always thought that would be the style of bars I would go with. I want something like apes but not apes something a little different.
Is there a way you could get some photos posted of the shorter bars you're always talking about? I think that may be what's bothering my eyes but we won't know unless we see them. Also give us a full side shot of the bike. It's the only true way we will be able to tell if the bars compliment the lines already created by this bike.

Thanks for thinking outside the box. I look forward to seeing some more!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can see where a good set of ape hangers would look good. One bar at a time, those will probably be next on the R&D list. It does look a little funky in the pictures, but the height also has something to do with it. I will get some pics of the shorter style as soon as we figure the speedo gauge thing out. It looks like we will set it up to run the stock speedo, stock controls, and stock cables and line so you don't have to go buy a bunch of stuff to make it work. We are going to set it up so it will have 2-3" of rise with about 2" of pull back from the stock location of the factory bars. Cost.. around $290 for chrome, $250 for gloss black powder coat.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I can see where a good set of ape hangers would look good. One bar at a time, those will probably be next on the R&D list. It does look a little funky in the pictures, but the height also has something to do with it. I will get some pics of the shorter style as soon as we figure the speedo gauge thing out. It looks like we will set it up to run the stock speedo, stock controls, and stock cables and line so you don't have to go buy a bunch of stuff to make it work. We are going to set it up so it will have 2-3" of rise with about 2" of pull back from the stock location of the factory bars. Cost.. around $290 for chrome, $250 for gloss black powder coat.
Yeah, I'm interested in some mini apes

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok i know this may be a dumb question but i am new to the chopper scene.
when you say "pull back" does that mean closer to the rider? or further away?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
ok i know this may be a dumb question but i am new to the chopper scene.
when you say "pull back" does that mean closer to the rider? or further away?
Thanks
It means it pulls the bars back towards the rider, and it's not a dumb question and the only way to find out/ learn is to ask questions.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Those of you that know our sissy bars for the Honda Fury know that we do quality work.(wwwOutlawChrome.com) So when we did a custom bar for a customer we decided to post it up here to see what you guys think. The bars are 6" taller than factory, but the production bar we will be making will be around 4" taller than factory. Do you guys want the factory gauge panel or did you want to pay the extra hundred to two hundred for a after market digital gauge?
I like them but would prefer lower and chrome.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yeah, our customer wanted them tall. But if we do drop it down the 2" it should be right in the best spot. The pull back on the bars is very little, we don't like running them straight because it messes with the wrist and puts them at a weird angle. We put enough angle in them just to get the riders wrist 90 degrees with the bars, way more comfort that way. I'm 6'6" and those weren't to bad, but a little more forward is better.
Adding a 15°-20° bend on them about 3/8 to 1/2 way up toward the rider on both models (4 & 6) might be of more interest for those that do not like the straight look and would also allow others the choice between the two as well - for looks and especially considering the reach involved for some.

Chromed option as well like Mars boy here mentioned...

·
Registered
100 Posts
You wanna make some Kick Ass Handle Bars!? Do what T-Mod did with his and I will Sure as hell buy em then!! They are 8” rise and 11 ½” pullbacks. PM me if you can or will do this and we'll go from there Thanks Tomahawk Fury! :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man where were these bars a month ago... exactly what i was looking for. I personally love them. What speedo would you put with them?

Rebel AC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts