Honda Fury Forums: banner

Customizing stock exhaust

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  460brevill 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if a fuel programmer (Pwr. Commander/Cobra Fuel Processor/etc.) is necessary if the stock mufflers are removed and custom slip-on pipes are bolted up to the stock headers?

I found a shop here in town that does great work and said they could throw some nice looking chrome slip-on pipes where the big stock mufflers are; only problem is that the tips are not baffled. I don't know if there will be enough back pressure to avoid remapping the FI or not. Worst come to worst I can drill a hole in the slip-ons they make and throw some generic 1 1/2" baffles ($40ish) in there.

If you are knowledgeable about exhaust mods and know the answer please feel free to chime in....

Thanks

#2 ·
So, the slip on's will essentially be straight pipes. The only perforance gains you will notice is at WOT. Other than that, you will feel a loss of power in the lower RMP range.

Trust me, I was running straight pipes (for the sound) but I knew it was just temporary until I slapped an exhaust on the bike. PM me if you have any questions ;)

#3 ·
I'm getting tips from Raw Design and I asked basically the same question of them. Their answer was, as long as I don't remove the blffles (which I never intended to do) I would be good to go. I don't know much about it but from what I gather, if you're going to run without baffles, you'll have to do some re-mapping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.