Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if someone(s) had a pic of a Danny Gray 2up seat actually on a bike?

Also, does anyone know if that seat would accomodate the OEM sissy bar/backrest setup?

CTC6698

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Were you looking for the fastback style, or the Buttcrack Solo with the pillion?

Attachments

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I don't ever remember anyone within the forum purchasing one of the Danny Grey fastback seats but its got a great look to it and would love to hear any reveiws on it if someone here has purchased one.

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
Keeping it. Sorry to C&C in advance, I find the stock seat more comfortable [driver] and better looking. Today it finally stopped raining and I don't like the C&C when moving either. It is softer than stock, but transmits more vibration and feels "odd" in shape. My shoulder bag (I ride to work) also sits better on the factory seat passenger "bump," whereas it slides around on the flat C&C. Balancing that, not every seat is for every person, and most drivers can't say enough about C&C.

HOWEVER, the passenger seat is awesome for being a reasonably good looking little pad, amazing how nice it feels (granted, sitting stationary, I'll have more feedback when I get a passenger on it). In that manner it's everything @MacExpert said (and more).

Keeping the C&C for the passenger, will switch to stock at times.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Keeping it. Sorry to C&C in advance, I find the stock seat more comfortable [driver] and better looking. Today it finally stopped raining and I don't like the C&C when moving either. It is softer than stock, but transmits more vibration and feels "odd" in shape. My shoulder bag (I ride to work) also sits better on the factory seat passenger "bump," whereas it slides around on the flat C&C. Balancing that, not every seat is for every person, and most drivers can't say enough about C&C.

HOWEVER, the passenger seat is awesome for being a reasonably good looking little pad, amazing how nice it feels (granted, sitting stationary, I'll have more feedback when I get a passenger on it). In that manner it's everything @MacExpert said (and more).

Okay no worries.. Just thought i'd ask as i'm in the market for one that's all :wink:

·
Registered
103 Posts

Thanks for the review Hedgehog.

I don't mind the stock seat, and like the way it looks. I have 3 kids that love to go for short rides with dad, so I'm looking for something a big larger and more comfortable for them when we're riding together. That being said, I don't want to give up the looks of the stock seat even though the stock passenger seat is miserable.

Might have to follow suit and keep 2 seat setups, one for riding solo (90%) and the other for the times with kiddos.

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
I'd bet the C&C Fastback would fit your needs. Almost went that way but since I don't own the bike and the actual owner will be the passenger*, passenger comfort comes before all else.

g/f realized it's too much for her at the moment and she'd rather drive her Slingshot until she has better motorcycle skills.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I'm still a part of the IAA (Iron Ass Army).

That being said after about 100 mi I'm pretty numb. I don't have the right shape for whatever that stock seat is made for. And I'm pretty typical, 185, 6"1"...

I've had a couple girls on the back, but just for quick trips. Never held down a girl long enough to take her on a commute. I'm ok with that.

Kind of should be posted in the "S#!t You Hear on a Fury" thread, but buddy and I were parked at a little pub a couple weeks ago, this worn out cougar comes by (hacking none the less) and says "You boys no how to do it right...no b!tches on the back of those machines!"

I had to laugh.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I got a C&C SportTour instead of Fastback on @MacEXPERT's recommendation, now looking for a fastback. Thought I might try the Danny Gray...
As a warning, the Danny Gray is going to be pretty stiff when you first buy it. Its contoured to cup your butt cheeks, and sits you down about an inch, and forward (from the lumbar support) an inch from the stock seat. It will feel pretty stiff at first but its one of those seats that the more you ride, the more it breaks in. Somebody mentioned one time that a stiffer seat that breaks in, is supposed to be better than a softer spongier seat. It was something to do with the materials involved and shaping to the butt cheeks, but I can't remember what.

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
Squirrel took a ride tonight....

.... hated it. Doesn't like the seat, doesn't like the ride of the bike, she's done. Merry Christmas to me, I have a new bike--that's an awesome gal!!!

To be fair, it's neither the seat nor the Fury. I think from a passenger standpoint, unless the bike supports a captain's chair like a Goldwing, this is as good as it gets on a chopper. She has a back issue and the bike and her weren't getting along.

So after 20 miles the seat may go on the block, we'll see. Probably look for a fastback and hand this one off to someone who'll appreciate it.

(On the down side I'm really sad she doesn't like the bike nor riding on it. On the up side she loves her Slingshot and I'll be wrenching that to keep her happy.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts