Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew after riding this bike I was going to have to change out the seat. It just doesn't work for me and creates some pressure points that have made my fingers go numb while riding. Of all the seats I saw in my looking early on, I liked the styling of the Danny Gray the best. But they were super hard to find, even back then

Then, @Ken2010Fury 's popped up for sale. Wanted to give a shout out and say thanks for the smooth sale!
The Airhawk is a pretty neat seat with the inflatable bladder. Just pump the side of the seat and it fills up, there is a button on the side that releases the air to your comfort liking. You def sit "deeper" in the seat but that pushes you forward a bit. Not a big deal, but I'm already a bit cramped even with forward controls. This enhances the back support. It just seems to contour better. Time will tell if the air bladder is where it's at for long term comfort.

It came with a mounting bracket which mounts to the fender, then the seat attaches to the bracket with 1 nut.
The bracket is powdercoated. The one thing the bracket didn't include was something to put between your fender and the bracket so it doesn't destroy your paint. Very surprised they left out this detail. I had some rubber sheet laying around so I cut a couple of washers out of it. Worked pretty well I thought.

It should compliment my air ride well, but bike time will tell

Pictures of course:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Fuel tank Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Green Light

I ordered one of those spike bolts to cover the fender hole as well, we'll see how that looks.

Only think I'm not too stoked on is I wish they would have come up with a better mounting solution than just hanging that ugly tab right off the back of the seat. There are better ways to do that.

·
Registered
2011 Fury -Burgundy Lightening is a non-abs American bike-
103 Posts
I knew after riding this bike I was going to have to change out the seat. It just doesn't work for me and creates some pressure points that have made my fingers go numb while riding. Of all the seats I saw in my looking early on, I liked the styling of the Danny Gray the best. But they were super hard to find, even back then

Then, @Ken2010Fury 's popped up for sale. Wanted to give a shout out and say thanks for the smooth sale!
The Airhawk is a pretty neat seat with the inflatable bladder. Just pump the side of the seat and it fills up, there is a button on the side that releases the air to your comfort liking. You def sit "deeper" in the seat but that pushes you forward a bit. Not a big deal, but I'm already a bit cramped even with forward controls. This enhances the back support. It just seems to contour better. Time will tell if the air bladder is where it's at for long term comfort.

It came with a mounting bracket which mounts to the fender, then the seat attaches to the bracket with 1 nut.
The bracket is powdercoated. The one thing the bracket didn't include was something to put between your fender and the bracket so it doesn't destroy your paint. Very surprised they left out this detail. I had some rubber sheet laying around so I cut a couple of washers out of it. Worked pretty well I thought.

Pictures of course:

View attachment 243643

View attachment 243644

View attachment 243646

View attachment 243647

View attachment 243648

I ordered one of those spike bolts to cover the fender hole as well, we'll see how that looks.

Only think I'm not too stoked on is I wish they would have come up with a better mounting solution than just hanging that ugly tab right off the back of the seat. There are better ways to do that.
Pressure points in your ass don't make your fingers numb...that's caused by neck or back pressure points, or both.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pressure points in your ass don't make your fingers numb...that's caused by neck or back pressure points, or both.
It's a combination of the seat pressure points, my riding position, and my body.

Want to tell me more about what happens to my body when I ride? Pressure points have to go through your ass to get to your back and spine. Called force transfer. The stock seat can absolutely be a cause of this. Especially for those of us with less padding in that area of our bodies. No buffer means it goes directly into your spine.

Search the forum, I'm not the first to document this. Seat solved this for most, seat and risers solve it for the majority of the other cases.

Feel free to DM me if you want to chat more, but lets keep this thread where it should be. I have my reasoning for wanting a new seat and what symptoms I was having. This thread is to merely show the install of this awesome seat on my bike

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Seat looks great! appears to be 'ribbed for his pleasure' ;) LOL! Or is that for a better grip if/when you need to bite the seat in a situation? :D j/k Hope it helps you with comfort and posture issues!

good posture starts with the feet and every body part upwards from there will have an impact in overall posture. When sitting, good ass placement is key for overall body/spine alignment, and bad alignment can definitely result in numb fingers.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seat looks great! appears to be 'ribbed for his pleasure' ;) LOL! Or is that for a better grip if/when you need to bite the seat in a situation? :D j/k Hope it helps you with comfort and posture issues!

good posture starts with the feet and every body part upwards from there will have an impact in overall posture. When sitting, good ass placement is key for overall body/spine alignment, and bad alignment can definitely result in numb fingers.
Yeah I was a bit the thrown off by the "abs" my seat has at first haha but it's just the air chambers. I'll just go with they lock me inm for my pleasure.

My posture probably isn't great I know this. My spine is basically an S shape from all of the snowboarding and mtb injuries over the years. I try to make it a point to improve on posture but with my build it's just a bit awkward. Sitting deeper in the seat and having a bit more back support will def help

·
Registered
496 Posts

Pictures of course:

View attachment 243643

View attachment 243644

View attachment 243646

View attachment 243647

View attachment 243648

yeah the fingers going numb is your neck C 4,5,6 I had the same problem(have a plate in neck now)..or elbow ,had that fixed also.
fun fact: your junk goes numb when you have a hip problem and ride....(had the hip fixed 2 times) still goes numb when riding.... 40 min you can not feel your feet.. lol good times.. I have a danny grey also. good luck

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the fingers going numb is your neck C 4,5,6 I had the same problem(have a plate in neck now)..or elbow ,had that fixed also.
fun fact: your junk goes numb when you have a hip problem and ride....(had the hip fixed 2 times) still goes numb when riding.... 40 min you can not feel your feet.. lol good times.. I have a danny grey also. good luck
So do you have the airhawk, or just a Danny gray seat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts