Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this seat and installed it today- I'm happy with the looks, fit & it exposes an extra 1"-1.5" of the gas tank BUT, it is like sitting on a rock. I flipped for the extra $150 gel inserts so I thought it would be better on my lower back than the factory seat but its not as comfortable as the f. seat. I think for $636 including gel inserts it should be better. Unless, is there a break-in period? Does anyone else have this seat? Please comment if you do- Looks like I'll be e-mailing Danny on this one. Maybe they forgot the gel inserts?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
It is possible that they forgot the inserts. From what i have seen here and on the net the Danny Grey line is a top notch seat. So much so, that i will be ordering mine in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is possible that they forgot the inserts. From what i have seen here and on the net the Danny Grey line is a top notch seat. So much so, that i will be ordering mine in a couple weeks.
I hope its that they forgot inserts too- I just e-mailed DGrey's company I'll check back when I hear something

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the post... I'll be watching since I'd pretty well decided on going Danny Gray Solo/Pillion combo... but I'm looking for comfort as well as looks.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I don't know anything about Danny Grey Seats, but from everything I've been told and from my personal experience, if you want to be able to ride further without getting a sore ass, then the firmness is what you want. When I first sat on my new C&C seat I thought exactly the same thing, (like sitting on a rock). However, the first long trip I took, I found out immediately that it was much better on the ass. The stock seat was softer, but I couldn't even go 30 miles without terrible pain in the backside. Not a problem with the firmer seat. Have you given it a good long test ride to see the results? Give it a chance and take it for a few longer rides. The more I rode mine, the better it felt. I have no problem now going as far as the gas tank will take me with the firm seat.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I hope this seat works as an option cuz after the BS from that other seat company the guys got it's nice to have a good option...Oh and that seat looks awsome

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know anything about Danny Grey Seats, but from everything I've been told and from my personal experience, if you want to be able to ride further without getting a sore ass, then the firmness is what you want. When I first sat on my new C&C seat I thought exactly the same thing, (like sitting on a rock). However, the first long trip I took, I found out immediately that it was much better on the ass. The stock seat was softer, but I couldn't even go 30 miles without terrible pain in the backside. Not a problem with the firmer seat. Have you given it a good long test ride to see the results? Give it a chance and take it for a few longer rides. The more I rode mine, the better it felt. I have no problem now going as far as the gas tank will take me with the firm seat.
Thanks for your post-I took a 20 min ride right after I installed it. I hope your right about giving it time- Did your seat stay as firm as it was when you first got it? or did it loosen up at all?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I once had a Corbin seat on my Shadow and I thought it was hard as a rock when I first got it but found out later that they are built that way on purpose. Although I never liked the hardness of the seat it was very comfortable and was just something I got use to. I think your going to find thats the way they are made. That seat looks to have the same type of back support as the Corbin. Good looking seat and hope it works out for ya.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Well, you rode it but did it feel ok? btw, for all you newbies out there--did you notice that Joe posted a picture WITH the dialog! Not 3 days later some of you jamochas.
Thanks Joe--hope the seat works out for you--enjoy the ride and let us know how it holds up.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
just wanted to re-read that statement: "...Im about to order my Buttcrack"

you just can't make up sh** like this!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Bet it comes cracked just like the one you got now! I'd save the money and just stitch up the old one, Maybe have Sick fix it! :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Im so glad i can entertain the childish section of the FuryForums.:p
You called me childish????????
Why, I can't believe you just did this in public...you sick, twisted pre-vert!

my mommy will kick your a$$ and have you cleaning up my diapers all day and all night you...you...you buttcrack whore!!

Have a nice day and don't hit no kiddies while crashing through the streets of NY.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Thanks for your post-I took a 20 min ride right after I installed it. I hope your right about giving it time- Did your seat stay as firm as it was when you first got it? or did it loosen up at all?
Sorry for not responding sooner. Didn't see your post until now. It does seem to be breaking in quite nicely. The more I ride it, the more comfortable it gets. I don't expect it to ever be soft and plush, but the more miles you put on it, the more the foam should break down and form to your body. That's just what I was told by the guy that made my seat. I was nervous about my trip to Dallas, TX from SE, KS. That's about a 400 mile trip one way. However, that firm seat proved to be just what I needed. Only stopped when I needed fuel, (every 100 miles), and never had the terrible pain I had with the stock seat.

Give it a good 80-100 mile ride and let us know what you think. How far have you rode on it now? How is it working out for you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts