Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I got a call from the Honda dealer that I am planning to buy my fury from. When I originally talked to him the price of the bike was 11,750.00. Today he tells me that they got an email and all the incentives on the bike have changed or are no longer available. The financing interest rate went up and the price of the bike went up to 13k. I think hes trying to screw me here. Any one know if dealers in your area and increasing the prices of their older models. Sounds like a load of BS to me. Plus he keeps telling me that he has a lot of interest in the bike and he doesnt know how long its gonna be around, this is the same shit he was telling me a month ago and its still sitting there. I hate this guy already.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I don’t know the inner workings of the dealers, but I initially agree with you. If they made you an offer, they should be able to stand behind it for a certain period of time. He may have received an email that the incentives were changing. The bike is still sitting on his showroom floor, if there was so much interest, why is he bothering to call you. They really don’t care who buys it. You could always call another shop, I bet they would like to have your business too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I bet he used to be a used car salesman. Walk away.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The two Honda dealers nearest to me do not even have a new Fury, 2010 or 2011.

I believe the Fury is built in Japan and if that's true, then I can see a reduced availability in the near term. Could it be the dealer has decided to hold out for higher pricing with limited inventory? Is the $11750 price to you in a written quote or was it verbal?

Good luck in trying to work the deal. Or, buy one of the nice used bikes listed for sale on this site.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
If you absolutely have to have that bike, then go buy it. Dont take any chances. If not, then wait it out and see if they are pulling your chain. If they are pulling your chain then I bet the service department and the parts department are going to do the same thing to you down the road, so be careful.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'd go for a used one that someone has put some money into. You'll probably get the mods for free. The bikes hold up really well. Mine has 7,500 miles and is still like new.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have looked around for them in my area and this is the only one close to me. I could care less about the service department there cuz i have a good honda service shop here, but the dealer in my town doesnt carry the fury so this is my only option for getting a matte gray. I'm not financing through them anyway so I think I'm just gonna show up with an envelope with 11k cash in it and slap him in the face with it. Bastard!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Good plan. Money talks
and bullshit walks!

Here i can see a whole set of problems. First to mind would be that Japan is practically shut down. They were showing in the national news just this evening that the price of a Prius as gone up $1,200 since the great earth quake. Parts and even pigment for red and black paint is all on hold. Your stealership may be putting money in front of customer satiafaction. That is sad.

If you need new, then buy it. If you can hold out or buy used, then take into your account your options. At the very least i would contact the stores owner and let him know one of his sales staff is jerking you around, and you wont hesitate to let those around you know what kind of bait and switch bullshit is going on.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Slap him with the cash. If not, its your decision whether to pay full boat, it's your money. I see them come up used with 1k 2k 3k miles, garaged, for far cheaper. But it is your bike. Check Yakaz.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no problem buying one used and I have been looking but i cant find one anywhere remotely close to where I live. 11k is as high as I'm gonna go on this bike, if he doesnt take it ill walk my happy ass out the door and keep lookin.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I wouldn't pay the jacked up price that they are now asking, the model is a year old and you can buy a 2011 for the same price, maybe not the color you wanted but you can throw that in his face. And like someone else said if they were really concerned about you and the deal they would have given you more notice on the rebates and that they were going to end. If I was you I would carry that envelope full of cash in there and let the manager know that he lost a sale due to that asshole salesman and that you'll just take your money elsewhere and then yourself a used one with low miles that already has a good start on some mods done to it.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Here's a little ammunition, the dealer has two grand of mark up on the bike and will make another 5 percent off the total price of the bike. They will try to pad the deal with a $700 dollar assembly fee.
My dealer advertised for two grand off 13 sale price but padded back with the $700 assembly fee, but gave me 3400 for my trade that was worth 2400. So basically I saved $2500 off the bike. Not bad.
He asked me where I found that information (the net). Just google what should i pay for a Fury and let the information HWY flow.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Do what I did.....Get two local dealers competing for you business!
All powersport sales are down right now so they are doing anything they can to move a unit, even if it means being shady!

I went to the local Honda dealership and picked out a Fury and an Interstate, got all the figures and interest rate on paper for both bikes (which they really didn't want to do). I then told them I wanted to think about it for a day. The next morning I went to another local dealer who sells several brands, not just Honda and I worked a deal on the identical Matte Orange Fury and blue Interstate....

Once I had both deals in front of me I was able to compare the deals and use that to my advantage to get the price down on the bike itself but also got the 4 year warranty discounted quite a bit. I then questioned why the two dealer assembly/set-up fee's were so different. I lolly gagged around for an hour and went and got lunch. When I went back I called the first Honda dealer on speaker phone right in front of my salesman and told him about the other deal. The next thing I know both dealers are trying to out do each other over my cell phone.

I ended up saving right at 1000 dollars on the bike and got $150 knocked off the 4 yr Honda warranty. They discounted the set-up fee by $100 and they also offered me the LoJack for motorcycles for $100 off regular price. I didn't do the LoJack but I got 6 months to make up my mind if I want it for the same discounted price. I may do it for the insurance discount.

Sounds like I went through allot of work seeing it all typed out but honestly it all happened real quick and with little effort on my part and it saved me some cash. Not a bunch but anything helps.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts