Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the battle of Samsons vs. Mortons... the Samsons have won. I'll be ordering the Hell Raisers in Black... the Mortons look and sound amazing, but are probably a little too loud for me, and the lack of heat shields and extra cost makes them a no for me....

i've read in a few posts here that I can probably add the exhaust and not get a fuel controller until I upgrade the air intake. should I go ahead and get the controller now? i was probably gonna keep it simple and get the Cobra...

also, Metric Thunder has good prices on both. does anyone have any poor experiences with them in the past?

i have the tools, and recently purchased a lift, i'll need to order some gaskets or see if my local dealer has some...

i'll be applying tips from all the threads on here when i install - the lighter to check leaks is a great one!

thanks!!

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
So in the battle of Samsons vs. Mortons... the Samsons have won. I'll be ordering the Hell Raisers in Black... the Mortons look and sound amazing, but are probably a little too loud for me, and the lack of heat shields and extra cost makes them a no for me....

i've read in a few posts here that I can probably add the exhaust and not get a fuel controller until I upgrade the air intake. should I go ahead and get the controller now? i was probably gonna keep it simple and get the Cobra...

also, Metric Thunder has good prices on both. does anyone have any poor experiences with them in the past?

i have the tools, and recently purchased a lift, i'll need to order some gaskets or see if my local dealer has some...

i'll be applying tips from all the threads on here when i install - the lighter to check leaks is a great one!

thanks!!
I actually ordered my Samson's from Metric Thunder, went up and picked it up from them at their store. Good guy's, albeit a little strange... but also bought my zombie grips from them in store as well. Anyways, no Fuel Controller is needed and I would even remove the pair valve if I were you, make it a day project. Will make them sound better with less popping, especially without a FC. Anyways, if they haven't changed their bracket in the last year, you'll probably just need a uni-bit to make the bracket 1 hole size bigger for the bolts. Good choice btw on pipes!

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
decided to email Metric Thunder to see if they were in stock... they actually responded in minutes that they had two of them in stock!!!

Trigger. Pulled. :D

can't wait to actually be able to hear the exhaust when travelling over 30MPH... hehe.

i have lot of other things i have yet to install, so i'm actually hoping for a rainy weekend soon...

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
decided to email Metric Thunder to see if they were in stock... they actually responded in minutes that they had two of them in stock!!!

Trigger. Pulled. :D

can't wait to actually be able to hear the exhaust when travelling over 30MPH... hehe.

i have lot of other things i have yet to install, so i'm actually hoping for a rainy weekend soon...
into everyones life a little rain must fall.lol. good luck on that rain.

· Registered
134 Posts
Good choice! Gotta agree with Red, Metric Thunder good guys, ordered mine thru them, had a discolored heat shield, called samson, got HUGE run around , called Metric, no issues, sent me new one right away! Just ordered more things from them and have no complaints. Good choice and hope you have same success!!!!!!

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Good choice! Gotta agree with Red, Metric Thunder good guys, ordered mine thru them, had a discolored heat shield, called samson, got HUGE run around , called Metric, no issues, sent me new one right away! Just ordered more things from them and have no complaints. Good choice and hope you have same success!!!!!!
Yea, K.C. at Samson is a smuck, totally did not seem like he knew anything and seemed like he was just an idiot as far as knowledge goes and this bike is concerned. Wish he would come on this forum one of these days so I could give him a piece of my mind... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
metal we are gonna have to hook up and at least meet. I have been burning cleve streets up every possible riding day. You can't go wrong getting the controller and to keep cost down the cobra unit should do you fine.
that would be cool. my riding skills are still fairly low, just been practicing around the neighborhood and parking lots. Haven't braved the highway yet. heh.
traffic still makes me a little nervous. :)

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
that would be cool. my riding skills are still fairly low, just been practicing around the neighborhood and parking lots. Haven't braved the highway yet. heh.
hey metal,
i been riding on the street since 62 and i am still nervous about traffic so git on out there and giterdun.

· Registered
28 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that the bike in the Samson video is mine and that you made an excellent choice. I don’t have a fuel controller and I’m getting ready to take out the pair valve. I love the sound!!!! Enjoy

· Premium Member
898 Posts
There's nothing wrong with being nervous. Actually, nervousness is just a state of hightened awareness. Wich is a good thing when riding a bike.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Nervous is good! Of the four states of "Situational Awareness" (the P/O's on the forum know what I'm talking about), you want to stay pretty much in the yellow most of the time; let your concentration or attention lapse for more than a moment or two (especially when you're first starting-out) and you'll be eating metal or dirt.

Cheers

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the support guys... btw, my Samsons came in the mail on Wednesday!!!! i need to snag some gaskets and find time to get them installed. this weekend is looking too busy... maybe Sunday night.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
thanks for the support guys... btw, my Samsons came in the mail on Wednesday!!!! i need to snag some gaskets and find time to get them installed. this weekend is looking too busy... maybe Sunday night.
Gratz... on the bracket, just widen the holes about 1/8' or even less and they should fit, will probably have to use the factory bolts can't remember how much I widened them tbh, as I did it with a uni-bit and honestly can't remember which bolts were which, I do remember them being a different color though, crap, should have wrote this stuff down a year ago...

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gratz... on the bracket, just widen the holes about 1/8' or even less and they should fit, will probably have to use the factory bolts can't remember how much I widened them tbh, as I did it with a uni-bit and honestly can't remember which bolts were which, I do remember them being a different color though, crap, should have wrote this stuff down a year ago...
when you say "factory bolts" do you mean the one's that are on the bike already? the bolts that came with the pipes are all the same color (zinc plated I think).

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
when you say "factory bolts" do you mean the one's that are on the bike already? the bolts that came with the pipes are all the same color (zinc plated I think).
Yea, the one's that came with the bike, think I mixed and matched with theirs or had to buy some from home depot, don't remember... you'll see when you get to it... Also, for a fresh look on the issue, you could contact Rookie and he can give you a better understanding of what you have to do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.