Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks! and thank you in advance for your input and my appologies for being a rookie. I have only been riding 4 years. Took the Safety Course thru the state and bought a cherry condition 2003 shadow spirit 750. LOVE the bike but I think its time to move on. I love this Fury!!!! But sadly I have had the "Harley Dream" since I was a kid. (I'm 49) So in my head I know I should have the Fury instead of the Wide Glide but I need some experienced riders with mechanical and riding experience to convince my heart on the Fury. I sat on one last Saturday at a dealer and had to go home and take a cold shower!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I think every biker out there considers a Harley at some point... and why not, they have an amazing heritage! I never, in my entire life thought I would purchase a Honda product, but the Fury just took me by surprise... the road has been a great one since acquiring my Fury.

Good luck with your decision :cool:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I think every biker out there considers a Harley at some point... and why not, they have an amazing heritage! I never, in my entire life thought I would purchase a Honda product, but the Fury just took me by surprise... the road has been a great one since acquiring my Fury.
Good luck with your decision :cool:
Once again Mr. P hit the nail on the head...
The Fury is the biggest bang for the buck <imho> I owned a couple Harley's and they were nice bikes but the dependability was always a question.
T

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with Predator. I wanted a Harley for the longest time too but after having my Fury, Harleys dont even look good to me anymore. I have never rode a more smoother and comfortable bike as the one I have now. Pick the fury!! Harley is just a name.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Harley vs. Fury Fever

There is nothing more American, legendary or iconic than a Harley and every red blooded (North) American and especially the boomers dream of owning one at some point in their life. So I say go ahead and buy that Wide Glide and get it out of your system or you will forever be haunted by nagging doubt!

Keep in mind that it is your destiny to be on a Fury and it WILL happen within a year or two and it will cost you MORE money but hey, who can put a price on peace of mind :rolleyes: ???

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I know I'm going to step on a lot of toes and egos, but here goes.....I have never wanted a Harley or needed a Harley. I have never understood the "mystique" of one. I have had and loved Hondas ALL my riding years...31 of them...and always on a Honda. Maybe I'm too practical; half the cost and IMO twice the bike of a Harley. I have no desire to follow someone elses visions, I choose my own path. I know what I like and what I want and that "ain't" a Hardley. Sorry to sound so militant about it but if you have been riding as long as I have and put up with as much crap as I have about my choice of bikes, well, you'd understand. Having said that, I guess it's up to the individual. I will ride with anyone that truely loves the sport not just the image. If you want a Harley because you truely like them, then go for it. If you want one because you feel like you "should" have one.....as I see it then that is a problem. It's not really the bike I have a problem with, it is SOME of the attitudes SOME (not all) people adopt after they have a Hardley. Rant off.
PS Some Goldwingers I know have that same attitude and I won't ride with those particular individuals, either.
Final statement: Do what you want and don't worry what others think.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Not 31 bikes...31 years. I started riding before I was born :D;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love my "2010 Fury" and it's a hoot to ride.

But, I also love my "2006 Harley Road King Classic" and it is absolutely dependable and has never let me down. It has a solid big touring bike quality ride that I also enjoy.

BTW, bikes I've owned before the Harley: Honda CB400, Honda Magna, Kawasaki Drifter, and Kawasaki Ninja.

My advice, whatever the reasoning, get what "YOU" want. You'll definitely enjoy it more.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I was having the same dilemma. I have been watching the Rocker C for the last couple of years. I don’t like the seat and gap over the fender, the front is not raked out and I think the bike is to short. There are kits to fix these problems, but ultimately I was not sold on the final result. Their were rumors Harley had something custom in the works. It has never seemed to come to fruition and I got tired of waiting.

I already have a cruiser bike and that is what Harley is most about. My reasoning was buy what I really like the most now and I can always buy a Harley later if my desires start leaning more towards the touring/cruiser scene.

Bottom line it’s about you. Buy what you want, not someone’s perceived image. Don’t worry quite so much about what other people think. I have as many friends that make fun of Harleys as I do that poke fun at the metric bikes.

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
i started to ride in 1958 on dirt bikes.i have ridden tryumps, harleys,kaws,nortons,bsa,and a few sooners.this fury is the best and smoothest ride i have ever had.i want tell you not to buy that harley,just think you should try befor you buy.that should help you decide.good luck.keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Harley is great...

Harley makes some great bikes. They would not be so popular and still in business if they did not. I was honestly torn between a VTX that I was going to customize or a Harley. Then I started digging into the prices an realized that I could completely customize a VTX with everything I want and still come out cheaper than most of the Harleys I would buy. There was not a Harley I looked at that I would still not have customized anyway, so that helped in my decision. I was still a little torn, then Honda released the Fury. I have put some $ in my Fury already and I still have more plans, but I am still at less $ than I would have paid for a basic Rocker. I know Harley carries a nice name to be able to tell people you ride, but I can tell you that when I park my bike in a row of Harleys (many of them with plenty of customized $ in them) my Fury gets all the attention! Also, you always hear that Harleys can be unreliable. I think this may be more just left over from the past as I have heard they a much better now and I have never owned a Harley to comment with actual knowledge in this area. I have owned a Honda and I know you never hear bad things about their reliability. Regardless of your choice, know that you would not be judged poorly either way from me. The point is that you enjoy your ride! Harleys, Hondas, sport bikes, I ride with them all because I am happy with my bike choice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello folks! and thank you in advance for your input and my appologies for being a rookie. I have only been riding 4 years. Took the Safety Course thru the state and bought a cherry condition 2003 shadow spirit 750. LOVE the bike but I think its time to move on. I love this Fury!!!! But sadly I have had the "Harley Dream" since I was a kid. (I'm 49) So in my head I know I should have the Fury instead of the Wide Glide but I need some experienced riders with mechanical and riding experience to convince my heart on the Fury. I sat on one last Saturday at a dealer and had to go home and take a cold shower!!!!!
I almost bought the HD Rocker until I saw they were coming out with the Fury! I wanted something different that's why I went with the Fury. You need to follow your heart even if you have a sweet looking Fury!!! FYI :You have a sweet looking Fury!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
You sat on a Fury and had to go home and take a cold shower. Now just extend that beyond just sitting on one. You know you are driving around in your car noticing every biker that goes by, checking out his ride. You want to be out there in the wind. Do it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I almost bought the HD Rocker until I saw they were coming out with the Fury! I wanted something different that's why I went with the Fury. You need to follow your heart even if you have a sweet looking Fury!!! FYI :You have a sweet looking Fury!!!
Sorry about the mix up. I thought it was Blue dragon that was tring to make the decision. After I sent the last thread reply I saw it Dragon Fury.

When I get home from working night shift I should go to bed instead of going on Fury Forums!!! LOL!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Okay, I am not the "experienced" rider you have requested comments from. I am 48, female, and this is my FIRST bike! Having said that, I took the rider safety class and have been riding for about two 1/2 months. This bike handles better at slow speeds than my husband's Yamaha Raider and was the only bike out there that "fit" me personally. Yes I sat on Harleys too. It is a very sweet bike and definately gets attention anywhere I go. It is a production chopper and as such wasn't designed for cross country travel (before you guys roast me for the comment, some bad ass biker type can and will travel far and wide on this bike); HOWEVER, if you wan't the comfort of traveling long distances buy a Gold Wing. Bottom line...buy what speaks to you! The Fury screamed take me home and I have no regrets about the purchase. As others have pointed out, I have been able to purchase alot of aftermarket for my bike and still haven't met the price of the new Harley Fat Boy low that I considered.

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
keep on keepin on BlueDragon.THATS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.ride what fits.i dont like riding a bike that dosent feel right for me.therefor the test ride.then buy what fits.well said girl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW! Thank you all for some GREAT advice!! I definitely feel this has helped my decision. And I think its going to be the Fury. Based on a lot of factors including my satisfaction with my present Honda. What a great forum!
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
WOW! Thank you all for some GREAT advice!! I definitely feel this has helped my decision. And I think its going to be the Fury. Based on a lot of factors including my satisfaction with my present Honda. What a great forum!
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!
DragonFury,
Just some info for you when you are shopping around for the best price.

The dealer invoice for the bike is $11,349.00 which includes the $300.00 shipping charge from the manufacture.

Assembly cost is estimated per similar models at $40.00

The ready to sell price $11,389.00 This is the price the dealer incurred for the bike to be on the show room floor.

Any money above this price is pure profit.

Dealers also get a "hold back." The hold back is a percentage of the total sales price that the manufacture will pay the dealer. Basically it's a kick back. The hold back on the Fury is 5%.

For example, if they sell you the bike at MSRP $12,999.00 they are making a tidy profit.

MSRP 12,999 - RTS 11,389 = $ 1,610 profit from sale

PFS $1,610.00
5% HB 650.00
=================
Total profit $2,260.00
If they charge you for shipping / freight, set up or any other charges it's on top of the $2,260.00

How I got mine for $1000.00 under MSRP.
I faxed ten dealers around the LA area. One in Hollywood wanted MSRP + 898.00 fright + 997.00 setup! Sadly I am sure some individual paid their price. Any way a number of the dealers told me I was "nuts". " They had kids to feed." " The bike is in such high demand they can easily get MSRP.... etc."
I had a dealer accept my cash offer for a 2010 Fury for $11,999.00 w/ no other fees.
If you fax your offer call ahead and find out who the sales manager is. Direct your fax to him/her. They will tell you that you must come in... blah blah, blah. It's just a means to get to into the store where they have more control. Tell them if they don't want your business you will go down the street. Dealers are hurting at the present time. All those bikes on the sales floor are costing the dealer money each day they remain unsold.
Hope that is of some assistance. Please feel free to PM if you have questions.
T

1 - 20 of 31 Posts