Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do deleted my profile? I've ask a question that I can't find an answer for searching the forum and since I do not want to be here.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Waaaait a minute here, instead of simply using Search, you asked a question that's been answered a million times and you're upset that people didn't answer it yet again?

That's kind of like asking a pig to make you bacon.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Email the admins and ask for your account to be removed.

I do note that the question you asked was only eight days ago and sometimes posts get missed. That's hardly the end of the world but to each their own. BTW the answers you seek are in the sticky topic "Honda Fury FAQ" which has a shortcut on the menu bar "Fury FAQ".

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
"I can't turn my back on you when you're walking away..."

·
Registered
13 Posts
We can anonymize the account and close it, but the posts will stay. Let us know if you wish to go ahead with it.

-JB
[/QUOTE

I need my account deleted / anonymized too. I bought an NC700X instead of the Fury. Consider adding a delete account button. This function should be standard to all forums.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Forums don't work that way. A person contributes to a forum freely, for the benefit of the members, readers who aren't members, and future members. If the content were removed when a member left the forum would be disjointed and nonsensical, kind of like how the pictures in posts from before the upgrade are missing and the threads are hard to follow (when someone says to remove the screw in image_1, and there's no image...)

Sometimes there's a fallout. Maybe you don't like the new forum owners, but the members are the people you're helping most. Maybe you said something you regret, well, it's the Internet, and that's generally "forever," much like writing a tell-all book and then trying to get all the copies back.

Maybe you've become a Harley guy and now hate all metric owners, or something. Well, good luck with that.

In some cases people buy different bikes and sell their current ride. Congratulations! If you weren't here for the people, that's fine, walk away. Forget your password (or change it to something random) and your account is effectively locked out. You don't have to leave, we have a few members who want to buy a Fury, others that sold and are still here, it's all good.

This isn't a credit card account or bar tab, you don't "close it out." It's like a Summer party: Talk all you want, when you're done, walk away.

·
Administrator
437 Posts
Well said, but we also do want to protect your identity after you're gone. This is why we move to anonymize accounts. Removing or redacting any personal information as needed. Best course of action is to email our Policy Support team so we can work with you to make sure the "walking away" goes with smooth strides.

-Gerrit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts