Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a brand new owner of a Fury. I've searched these forums but can't seem to find an answer. Does anyone make a detachable sissy bar and/or backrest? The reason I ask is that 90% of the time I'll be riding solo, but for the 10% that I'm riding two-up, I'd like something a little more "comforting" for my wife. She road on the back, and was a bit concerned without something behind her. Previously, she's been on the back of H-D Softail, and felt much safer.

I just don't want that look permanently attached, if possible :(

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
The only one that I know of is the Sumo-x version. You would have to change the rear fender and it attaches directly to the struts. Look at the April Fury of the month, my bike has the fender & struts shown. I do not have the sissy bar attached.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
We have been waiting for an aftermarket manufacturer to fabricate one. Nothing as of yet.
Some members have adapted other sissy bars to their bike.
Some have even fabricated their own..
But nothing yet for the after market, other than Honda's mini stock one.

T

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had this one made by Ginz Choppers. It works with the Universal Mounting Brackets offered on their site. I'm sure Gin would work with you on building a pad for any of his bars. They are a hands on operation. However, it may not meet your detachable requirement.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
How strong is the Ginz? Will ie be good for the rear passenger to lean on?
It's strong enough that you can grab it and pull the bike from side to side off of the kickstand. I'm sure it would work well for a passenger backrest if you had a pad on it.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
i had to mod one from a 2000 slammer.all i do is loosen the 2 seat bolts and take the rear bolt off and it comes off.3 minuts

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts