Honda Fury Forums: banner

Did you or will you buy an extended warranty?

• Bought 12 month

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you or will you buy an extended warranty? Just got the letter from Honda. There are other threads on this but would like to get some numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
No....they might be good, but I figure nothing major should happen to the bike in the extended warranty period, so I'll just put out the money when it does, rather than if it does. jmo

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
4 year ext

Got the 4 year thru Honda Direct BUT I now know Direct line sell them also for less on th 4 year around 520.00! 100.00 a year is as much as 1 labor hour to me its a no brainer!

So on a different note BUT about warranties, I had replaced all my aplliances and this last week I had every one dishwasher, A/C unit and fridge go out and microwave talk about bad luck well I bought warranty extension for all I didnt pay a dime for 5 service calls!!!
The old saying is pay me now or pay me later your choice things are cheaper today than tomorrow in my 40 plus years on earth.....

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have a 6-year ext warranty. It was only a couple hundred dollars so I couldn't say no. The dealer gave it to me at their cost because the bike was just released and Honda had a special going. I don't know all the details, but I wouldn't have bought it if it was more than a couple hundred.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bout a 4 year ext. warranty for $320 when i got my fury and thinking back i shouldn't have because it came with a lifetime warranty on the engine.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Richard added a new option to the poll for me.

- Not yet but I will when the time comes

So far looks like the majority are buying the warranty.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
dealer is a friend so i got it at cost.
Wow that's great, My dealer not a friend wanted $1,500.00 for 5 year. I know businesses are in business to make money but seems Honda could do a better job of making dealers standardize pricing at least within demographic areas. Seems there are more disliked dealers than liked? Maybe do a poll on how many dealers in your area and how many you trust out of those?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Way Hose B.

Cant see spending $500 for a 3yr warrenty and only ride for 6 months a year. Duhhhhh:p
That's actually a better price than I see in my letter from Honda.
Could be because I have an ABS model. Here's what I got.

1 yr $418
2 yr $473
3 yr $605
4 yr $726

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
you being in TX you have riding weather longer and you have ABS which has more moving and tech. parts. These are all things one needs to consider when it comes to the extended warrenty.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Can't vote. Bought the bike used, was out of warranty (13 months after original purchase) and wasn't offered one. Wouldn't've bought it anyway though.....

·
Registered
491 Posts
Never, Never, Never, buy an extended warranty for anything!
This should be a no brainer for all of you!
Most of us void the warranty when we make our first mods anyway, I know I did.
change pipes , they gotcha!
Change airbox, they gotcha!
Run synthetic oil? shame on you!
Ask for any warranty service anyway? are you nuts?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts