Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question?
I just fired my bike up from the winter sleep and when I put it in gear it dies immediately! It is sluggishish turning over so I wonder if the battery could be a cause. Any ideas ? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
That's exactly what I did, kept starting it, would start great, put it in gear and would die. Kept thinking great whats wrong now, really had me worried. Then I remembered the kick stand and thought what a dumb ass, talk about feeling stupid.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's exactly what I did, kept starting it, would start great, put it in gear and would die. Kept thinking great whats wrong now, really had me worried. Then I remembered the kick stand and thought what a dumb ass, talk about feeling stupid.
I guess I fall in that stupid category!!!! Put the kickstand up and guess what? Everything works!

Thanks to all you guys for your help! Youre the best.

Mike

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I guess I fall in that stupid category!!!! Put the kickstand up and guess what? Everything works!

Thanks to all you guys for your help! Youre the best.

Mike
LOL Damn safety devices! One time I tried to start mine in gear with the clutch pulled in and it wouldn't start. Stupid kickstand was down. Isn't it a good feeling to know that it wasn't anything serious? :D

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Bwah hah hahah hahah hahah

:) Try parking and forgetting to turn the kill switch back to "on", pumping gas, and then calling your friend to come pick you up with a dead battery, only to have him flip the switch and laugh in your face and all the way down the road.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really did feel good though after it went into gear! My luck usually doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
It really did feel good though after it went into gear! My luck usually doesn't work that way.
Been there myself. But I actually kicked the kick stand down rolling to park the bike and It didn't cross my mind that it was a safety feature. I figured it out in a couple minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts