Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seldom posted here, but I have gone through most of this forum in search of an answer, but nothing has shown up so far. So, here goes.

I don't yet own my Fury (I do have a 2002 Shadow Sabre), but this will happen over the coming summer. I used a CBR500 last summer for a while, and I LOVED the digital readout on it. Panel was awesome. I don't mind seeing a dial with a needle pointing at the speed, but there are so many things missing from the one on the Fury... and that got me looking for a replacement instrument panel.

So I'm looking for something that doesn't take away from the basic style of the Fury. I happen to like the 5-point diamond-shaped standard panel, but I feel Honda has sort of neglected the contents of it.
I'd like to find a similar panel, but digital. Check the images I've put in this post, that should give you a basic idea. But nothing fits inside the standard cover! Anyone have an idea or a link to point me towards?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I'm not sure what your end goal is.... I assume you want more info on what the bike is doing (more gauges).

I bought a micro display for a harley and hooked it up on my bike so I now have a tachometer, volt meter, engine temperature, and a clock.

Its designed to be mounted to the handle bars but I like things a lil more stealth.

The digital Speedo from the other bike, being that it was a Honda, could probably be adapted to work with our bike if you traced out the wiring diagrams for both bikes.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Additional engine gauges

You could hook up an engine oil pressure gauge and an engine oil temperature gauge. Both on my Fury. OP on the cylinder head, OT is on the dipstick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
But yours aren't digital.... Lol
Yeah sorry 'bout that. You know I always take shortcuts. And I hate splicing wires, installing fuses, run down batteries and programming electronics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Reactions: Kbuskill

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
You could hook up an engine oil pressure gauge and an engine oil temperature gauge. Both on my Fury. OP on the cylinder head, OT is on the dipstick.
Not sure if this counts for anything but I am a dipstick. Oh, I can also sit on an ice cream cone and tell its flavor. Top that!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure what your end goal is.... I assume you want more info on what the bike is doing (more gauges).

I bought a micro display for a harley and hooked it up on my bike so I now have a tachometer, volt meter, engine temperature, and a clock.

Its designed to be mounted to the handle bars but I like things a lil more stealth.

The digital Speedo from the other bike, being that it was a Honda, could probably be adapted to work with our bike if you traced out the wiring diagrams for both bikes.
My goal is indeed to get more info (I'm a geek at heart, what can a guy do), but also because I find the stock speedo is not so well-lit, not vey visible. And I'm the type of guy to like my bike VISIBLE at night - I'm a night rider hehe

LOOVE the individual gauges. Wish it could be made into something a little more stylish - like someone who wants Steampunk styled bike. But those ARE cool, just not very practical WHILE you're riding. But something to think about, definitely!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
LOOVE the individual gauges. Wish it could be made into something a little more stylish - like someone who wants Steampunk styled bike. But those ARE cool, just not very practical WHILE you're riding. But something to think about, definitely!
I don't know how your garage skills are but you can make it as stylish as you want. Check out this thread > http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-tech-performance-chat/66097-oil-pressure-gauge.html to find all info for making your own. :co-ol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybodyelse have "bright ideas"?
Still looking for a customized all-in-one backlit gauge.
The one I displayed before is the RX-1N GP. Anybody know if the make a sort of a spoiler/fender for it? Or at least a pic pf how it looks once hooked up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts