Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a chrome or billet dipstick for my fury, called my dealer here in Canada and he said $110.:eek: First I want to make sure that I am getting the right one, does anyone have a Honda part number so I can check it out on ebay.......theres no way I am paying $110 plus tax for a dipstick!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm,

Not sure if I like the cover, really like just a chrome replacement. Thanks for the tip though.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
It's worth it.. just make sure to get that o-ring on there correctly and is dry when you put it all together, otherwise oil will find it's way out fast... :rolleyes: As I just found out after my oil change...

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I'm not sure what they are going for nowadays but I paid somewhere around $48 for one off of ebay last year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oem part number

Is this the right oe part number 08F83-MEM-200?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
yes that's the Honda part number.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
yes that's the Honda part number.
I'm not doubting the numbers you got but you might want to just double check them because something doesn't look right to me. The dipstick shown does not look long enough. I remember having some issue when finding the correct one myself and I was first sent the wrong one and if I remember correctly the fury dipstick is slightly longer than the one for the VTX1300 .

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I got the one from cruisercustomizing.com same as some of the other folk here. It looks exactly like the Honda black plastic one but chrome. It was about US $25 / AU $28. Honda want AU $160 for the billet part! My dealer offered it to me for AU $140. It works fine and you can't beat the price.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I'm not doubting the numbers you got but you might want to just double check them because something doesn't look right to me. The dipstick shown does not look long enough. I remember having some issue when finding the correct one myself and I was first sent the wrong one and if I remember correctly the fury dipstick is slightly longer than the one for the VTX1300 .
from the parts lists, stock numbers (these are the OEM black ones) are
VTX1300 DIPSTICK, OIL 15650-MEA-670
VT1300CX DIPSTICK, OIL 15650-MEA-670

and the the chrome ones

VTX1300 DIPSTICK 08F83-MEM-200
VT1300CX DIPSTICK 08F83-MEM-200

besides who checks the oil ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts