Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven across three states on three different interstates... I8, I10, and now on the I20 in Midland, TX... And still have not seen a Fury on the road... Still have a few more states to go on my way to Louisville, KY and then down to Stennis, MS n then back to SoCal... Let's see if this lack of viewing changes

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know what you mean. I would be nice to ocassionally see another Fury on the road and maybe talk with the rider. I do have to admit that I also love the idea that mine is the only one in my area.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
i agree that it sucks to not see other fury's around, would be nice to see a couple other around the area and be able to b.s and throw idea's and help each other with mods, i'm not asking that the area be flooded with them because as was said it's nice to have something different than a softail like everyone else. i stopped at my stealership the other day and they said that they aren't selling much of anything because of the economy, they only had one fury on the floor, a burgundy one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ive rode with one other guy for about 5 minutes, and thats only because he just happened to stop at the stealership when i did, other than that i have steveo to the north, and jnukes to the west of me. but i have heard of one more in town, maybe a myth....

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
ive rode with one other guy for about 5 minutes, and thats only because he just happened to stop at the stealership when i did, other than that i have steveo to the north, and jnukes to the west of me. but i have heard of one more in town, maybe a myth....
I know there's at least one other in Joplin besides you, because I saw a red one in a parking lot earlier this year. :)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
What day will you be in Louisville, KY?? I can prob meet ya down there 1 1/2 hrs from me, maybe drag Richard1 out for you and some other locals also. let me know. Is RSS with ya?? he hasn't posted much lately. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I know of and spoken to 10 here in Indy, but only 6 on the forums. I have let them all know about our lil community here.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I haven't seen a single other one either. I even went down to Stroker last weekend and of the 150 - 200 bikes there, mine was the only lonely Fury. I do kind of like it though, kinda adds to that mistique of "what the heck is that?". I know from the DFW thread going that there quite a few us of locally though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I haven't seen any. I know of one about six miles from me. I haven't met anyone over forty that knows what it is. I went on a club ride with lots of HD's. Many of the riders were retired motor officers. None knew what I was riding. I did come across some Coastguardsmen who recognized it. They were all under thirty. I get compliments on just about every ride and am pleased as punch not to see swarms of them. That would dilute the "wow factor".

·
Registered
481 Posts
CB Fury,

I didn't see another Fury on my whole trip from Alabama to Montana, Cali and back again.
I guess they are keeping them hidden wherever they are :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Driving on I10 and I20, you're lucky to see anyone. Surprised you didn't mention worrying about running out of gas. You can tell when you are in a new county in west Texas because the quality of the road changes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey ogwutang, just to give ya a heads up, I used to live in Joplin, got a sister that still lives there, and after Las Vegas Bike Fest the first weekend of October, I am planning to make a trip out there to visit her. Probably be there around the 6th or 7th of October so maybe we can terrorize Main Street one of those nights. Not sure yet if I am gonna leave Vegas on Sunday or Monday, so that, and how my butt holds up on the ride, will dictate exactly when I get to Joplin, but let's get something going!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well sorry I did not get the whole story out... I m in a tractor/ trailer moving gear to the war storage there in Kentucky and then down to Mississippi to pick up an 11 meter rib to take back to san diego... And after two days off I do it all over again. I m currently stuck near Rockwell due to a flat tire and have to wait for Firestone to open. I am planning in being in Louisville early Thursday and be in stennis early Friday to load. If any one wants to meet up PM me your number and I will call you some where along the line. Maybe meet up for dinner or something.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Fury owners are a different breed of cowboy. I like to think we're more refined and sensible.
Of course, I know better. We're just big kids with cool toys.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Only seen one close bye me actually at the Police in my City, parked at station it was weird but I saw it!

Then I saw one on the road local and only ONE at Daytona Bike week I thinks its cool to have the rare bike on the block even better its not a custom and big $$$$ IMO!
3 in total Ive seen in the 14 months Ive owned my FURY!:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I've been told by the dealership here that they have only sold 1 other and I have yet to see it, Lincoln is not that big and I ride everyday (until the snow gets here), so maybe there just pullin my crank, but I agree it's cool that no one seems to know what it is. Was at a small bike show two weeks ago, there was more indians than harley's, really surprised me. Got to admit the new indian is a pretty sweet bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts