Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound silly but I gotta have my Pepsi with me at all times, especially when I'm riding...

So I am wondering if anyone has found a good chrome cup holder out there that clamps to the bars that doesn't look too out of place on the fury?
I had one on my Road King that worked out good but I can't seem to find that one anymore.

I've found a couple on eBay but I don't know what size bars the fury has and not real sure if they would look out of place on it so I figured I'd jump on here and see if anyone else has looked and found anything...

Appreciate it
J

·
Registered
893 Posts
I know that Honda makes a cup holder for motorcycle riders and it actually comes with a pretty cool attachment... A GOLDWING!

They got them cup holder helmets too. You know the ones with the straw right at your mouth, but don't know if they are DOT. Can anyone check and see if they are DOT approved?????

Just bustin your balls brother... Love the Orange!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I thought about attaching a bottle holder to one of the down tubes for long rides. I used to mountan bike alot and thought i might just pick a cheapy from walmart and paint it to match.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bars are 1.25 inches down to 1 inch at grips. Cup colder would be nice if easy on easy off.
Thanks for the info....Yeah easy on/off is what I was thinking too. I'd want it off during bike nights. I Only need it on long rides. I took a 150 mile ride yesterday and found myself stopping at convenient stores quite often for a drink.. Not wanting to waste daylight I drank about half a 20 oz and tossed the rest. A 20oz bottle holder would have been very nice yesterday. it would of eliminated 3 or 4 stops.

I know that Honda makes a cup holder for motorcycle riders and it actually comes with a pretty cool attachment... A GOLDWING!

They got them cup holder helmets too. You know the ones with the straw right at your mouth, but don't know if they are DOT. Can anyone check and see if they are DOT approved?????

Just bustin your balls brother... Love the Orange!
I gotcha "E" Well I'll make you a deal...You go buy me the $25K Goldwing and I'll gladly use it's cup holder LMAO. Otherwise I have to make due with what I got.....My lovely Orange Fury hehehe.
Thanks, I kinda like the Orange too... I still haven't seen another one around here.

I thought about attaching a bottle holder to one of the down tubes for long rides. I used to mountan bike alot and thought i might just pick a cheapy from walmart and paint it to match.
That's an idea but I'd prefer something to just hold a 20oz Pepsi...

I'll find something sooner or later.... Appreciate the replies.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
This one mounts to the clutch perch (or brake)

and you can remove most of it when you want, just leaves small chrome mount.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I'd love to have one, too!

Every cup holder that I've found so far will NOT allow clearance of the fuel tank in a turn. All that I've found so far allow the cup to hang down too far. If anyone finds one that allows clearance of the fuel tank, post it here so we all are aware.

Thanks,

·
Registered
140 Posts
the summers here in TX are scorchers... i know its not fashionable, but i'm considering using a small camelbak on long summer runs this year.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.......i'm considering using a small camelbak on long summer runs this year.
Those work neat and have a surprisingly-large volume; your bladder will give out before the Camelbak does. LOL.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to try and mount it with the bottle holder in front of the bars instead of the tank side... As mentioned, there is very little clearance behind the bars..

There are lots of things that I would consider as not fashionable being added to this type of bike but I'm going to be as comfortable as I can be while I'm out riding regardless how fashionable it is.
I'm almost 40 years old, married 20 years now and have three kids ages 14,16,18 and in all honesty I could give a rats ass how I look on the thing....It's the ride and experience I look for, not trying to impress anyone.

I was very spoiled with my bags on my Road king Classic and going to a bike like this has been a big change and inconvenience in some form... Like riding to and from work everyday.... With the Road King I had bags to store all my stuff...rain-suit, day and night glasses, doo rags, jackets, ect ect.
But with the Fury, I Don't!
But I will not ruin this bikes lines with some cheap throw over bags so I opt to ride to/from work with a back pack on.... It's a pain in the ass but it works... Maybe some day I'll be able to afford the hard bags Corbin offers...

With all that said, I still love my Fury....even more then I liked the Harley.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Look into a Ginz sissy bar and a sissybar pack. Thats what I want to do
That's a great economical choice when compared to the corbin's hardbags. I too am strongly considering this as my next purchase. I enjoy taking long trips and I'm sick of the backpack.

Oh yeah! and to keep this on track (I guess) I like the idea of the holder that mounts to the clutch perch.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Not meaning to be too simplistic here, but I just put a pop in the lower pocket of my cargo shorts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts