Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone who put these forward controls on have any problems with the left side linkage that hooks to the shifter and gear box . Not left hand threaded know all about that but the linkage seems a little bit long ???

·
Registered
68 Posts
I knew it

Finally someone else who had an issue with this, nice.

First off, pull the cap off the controls, a silver countersuck screw, not sure what size, inside you will find 3 socket head cap screws, which will allow you to adjust the brake/shifter to the correct distance/comfort.. One end of the linkage is left hand thread, the other is right hand thread, the end that has the offset connects to the shifter, I have mine connected the inside with the allen head bolt. The straight end of rod, gets threaded into the stock swivel. There are two locking nuts, both of which are different sizes, it helps to have metric tools on hand. You might have to make some little adjustments to have it fit to where it will be concealed behind the plastic cover. let me know if this helps. and post some pics, you can search this site and i have posted some pretty good pics of mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally someone else who had an issue with this, nice.

First off, pull the cap off the controls, a silver countersuck screw, not sure what size, inside you will find 3 socket head cap screws, which will allow you to adjust the brake/shifter to the correct distance/comfort.. One end of the linkage is left hand thread, the other is right hand thread, the end that has the offset connects to the shifter, I have mine connected the inside with the allen head bolt. The straight end of rod, gets threaded into the stock swivel. There are two locking nuts, both of which are different sizes, it helps to have metric tools on hand. You might have to make some little adjustments to have it fit to where it will be concealed behind the plastic cover. let me know if this helps. and post some pics, you can search this site and i have posted some pretty good pics of mine. Good luck.
which side there are two set screws do i have to take both out ? there is the outside and inside ... if I pull both the whole thing comes apart i actually started to take it apart feeling like i can make an adjustment somewhere but then stopped and posted this thread ...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok got it all figured out . Thanx... oh yeah I hope u didn't use metric Allen keys they are standard size.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I couldn't remember what I used, I had both present, probably for the removal and then the installation, glad I could have been an assistance.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I know this is kind of a old post but the answer will help me. When I removed the cover on the shift peg side, there is a plastic ring covering the said bolts to adjust the lever. I didnt want to force it off and break it, how does it come off? I just installed my forward controls and have this issue with the shifter rod seems too long.
How does this plastic ring come off?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know this is kind of a old post but the answer will help me. When I removed the cover on the shift peg side, there is a plastic ring covering the said bolts to adjust the lever. I didnt want to force it off and break it, how does it come off? I just installed my forward controls and have this issue with the shifter rod seems too long.
How does this plastic ring come off?
Dude you should have text me . There is another post of mine explaining exactly how to do this . There is a little C clip holding it in .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep

What he said, remove the retaining ring, and voila, everything comes off, 3 allen head bolts, just remove and adjust.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok the directions they sent said totally opposite on the shifting rod I will turn it around and see if that works thanks billy I appreciate the help

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I never had any problem with mine!:confused:
Oh that's right I have the Accutronix forwards!:D
Sorry Billy, it's hard for me to pass up the chance to ba a ass hole!:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts