Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I have been checking out the grips ect on the dlxprodox site and OMFG I'm in love they are freakin hot!!

Question is are they practical to put on a bike that gets ridden a lot?

Has anyone got them what are they like to ride with?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the Kury ISO grips with a throttle boss & stiletto ends! Like there ad says all day comfort.
Hope that you & your bike have been high & dry!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would have to agree with diesel747, the Kuryakyn grips are definetly the way to go for someone that puts some miles on!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have the DLX black spike gunner grips and love them not the greatest for comfort but looks over comfort for me. I have a thread with pics in it can't find it now but ill get it later.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Personally I find the Supreme "pro smooth" grips more comfortable that the Kury ones. I was checking out the Avon comfort grips over at Arlen Ness this week and I think they would blow everything esle out of the water comfort wise and they look great too!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have the Xoprodox shooters. My only gripe is that my thumbs get cold. Im pretty sure tho that was because it was about 25 out. They are a big larger in diameter, so if you have small hands, that may be a problem. I had the ISO grips and didnt notice much difference in comfort.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I have the Xoprodox shooters. My only gripe is that my thumbs get cold. Im pretty sure tho that was because it was about 25 out. They are a big larger in diameter, so if you have small hands, that may be a problem. I had the ISO grips and didnt notice much difference in comfort.
I'll second that. Actually I found the stock grips to be OK, they just didn't match my forwards.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I ordered DLX forwards and grips and not once did the thought of comfort cross my mind. I bought them on looks alone they do not look comfortable nor do I expect them to be. If your looking for comfort I would definitely look somewhere else.

·
Registered
724 Posts
There is a small sacrifice with custom grips. I have the Black Raptor (Tapered, smaller diameter in the center of the grip) and find that my enjoyment of the looks exceeds my comfort needs. I ride everyday to work, about 25 miles each way and don't have any issues.

XL Spike Black Raptor,Tribal Grips

·
Registered
140 Posts
ive been thinking about the dlx old school black diamond... but it never occurred to me think about comfort. i'm mainly a weekend rider... my avg is about 100mi rides on saturdays. todays ride i was cruising on some back roads and noticed it was nice having the rubber sleeve on my stocks.

reading this makes me reconsider... maybe i should be considering the old school black raptors now with the center rubber sleeve.

dlx old schools

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MMMMM you guys always give me heaps to consider:confused:......I have small hands...well really small hands so that's got to come into play cause I cant change them....I try to ride most days and my idea of a weekend splat is usually up around the 3 to 400klm mark.

Sigh those dlx's are sooo hot though....like foreplay only better :p(crap did I say that out loud??)

Maybe I should look at some of your other suggestions first.

Thanks Guys

Oh fury and I are fine, my house is amazingly in one piece but my yard is whole different kettle of fish...thanks for askin deisel:D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
MMMMM you guys always give me heaps to consider:confused:......I have small hands...well really small hands so that's got to come into play cause I cant change them....I try to ride most days and my idea of a weekend splat is usually up around the 3 to 400klm mark.

Sigh those dlx's are sooo hot though....like foreplay only better :p(crap did I say that out loud??)

Maybe I should look at some of your other suggestions first.

Thanks Guys

Oh fury and I are fine, my house is amazingly in one piece but my yard is whole different kettle of fish...thanks for askin deisel:D
The one thing I do like about the shooters is that they get alot smaller in diameter towards the center. I hate to say it, but the iso's are too common and they remind me of Dave's sausage seat.:eek:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I would have to agree with diesel747, the Kuryakyn grips are definetly the way to go for someone that puts some miles on!
Agreed!!!!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I put my DLXProdox grips on last year....no regrets....they are chrome billet with concaves w/rubber. they work great and look sick. They do get cold in the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,310 Posts

The Kury and Avon grips may be a little to "fat" for small hands, best to try them first. If you like the Avon grips there is a guy on ebay AU selling them for about AU $80 which is a great deal as they are normally AU $140. Ness had them on the floor for US $65. The billet grips will be a little thinner than stock in some cases so they might be a good option.

Here is a link to the Supreme grips. Bill gives Fury Forum members big discounts so if you like them ask him for your Fury Forum discount which is about 20%. As I said I have the Pro Smooth grips in chrome and I am totaly happy with them and the quality.

Grips - FURY - Honda - Metric - Products

Let us know what you think.

·
Registered
513 Posts
avon grip

avon grip has a new spike grip they jus came out w. www.avongrip.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
Been running with Avon grips since the bike was almost new... comfortable on long rides... Mind you, I got big hands... not sure how they'd work for someone with small palms/short fingers. They do limit transmission of road vibration and as I said very comfortable on long rides... Had a small problem with one grip... Avon simply sent me a new one... great customer service!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts