Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just off the bike from Sturgis (pics / vid / comments about Furies seen to follow in due time), and I have a question...

I was using Trip A for fill ups (best: 170+ miles, slow on mostly dirt Wyoming 211 between Chugwater and Laramie--nearly 51 mpg; at my highway pace exiting the rally yellow light came on at 96 miles once--ugh). Trip B was to track total miles on my Sturgis adventure (trailered Connecticut to Omaha, then rode Fury to Sturgis, via Laramie).

But somewhere along the way Trip B was back to zero and I hadn't paid attention to it enough to know if that meant I hit 1,000 mile point or if I just lost my data to a reset (accidental or battery-related).

Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Never had it happen on my Fury, but a few years back I had an ST1300 & the trip B reset itself once, it never happend again. I asked the Honda dealer at the time but he could not give me a reason why this would happen.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do Lofty, have you seen a number higher than 999.9 on Fury trip meter?

·
Registered
784 Posts
No I've always reset it before it's got that high...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trip A I reset every fueling.

Trip B was to be total mileage.

Last I'd taken note I was up near 800... so I guess it rolls over at 999.9 to 0... just really was hoping for concrete confirmation... does owner's manual say anything (I bought my Fury used and guy didn't have the manual)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Yes both a & b reset themselves after 999.9

if on a long trip over 1000 miles just add 1000 on to the reading of your trip a or b that you didn't reset for gas

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Sludge! I appreciate the confirmation!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Maybe there has been a change over the years, but I have a 2010 and I use my A-trip for gas and my B-trip for oil changes and I just went out and checked and I have 4287 on the B. ????

·
Registered
208 Posts
Now you got me wondering. I thought they rolled over at 999.9. My eyes are getting old and even with my reading glasses I can't be sure, but I believe there is a decimal point after three digits. I also have a 2010.

·
Registered
932 Posts
mine rolls at 999.9 i know this because i just got back from Sturgis and set my a trip and it did not show how far i went i just kept rolling over at 999.9. My bike is a 2011...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes both a & b reset themselves after 999.9

if on a long trip over 1000 miles just add 1000 on to the reading of your trip a or b that you didn't reset for gas

yes what sludge said is true ...
irode my fury from florida to sturgis and it did the same thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts