Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering most of us (Me Included) debadge our bikes The question when sombody ask's you who built your bike do you jump out and say Honda or Fudge a little and let them think it's a custom ? ;)

Me- I say it's a custom with Honda Power (Makes them think wow):D

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Mine is not de badged, and I (usually) wear a Hondaline jacket that has Honda on front back and both sleeves, and there are still some people that ask what kind of bike is that?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I usually say, "what do you think it is"? after I have them buy me a beer or two I tell them. I either get a "NO SH#T!" or the often ignorant "BAH", F'n METRIC!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I also remove most badging from my vehiclces. As for my Fury, when someone asks what is it, I have them guess once or twice then tell them (with pride) its a Honda. most of the time I get, wow that looks good. A few times I have gotten, Oh (then they walk away).

On my last trip to Michigan (bike on trailer), when I would stop for gas, most people would come up and ask how long it took me to make it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i openly admit it on mine. those who thought it was awesome and then say F'n Metric after hearing who make it are obviously jealous over the fact their choice can't pull there heads out of their a#$'s long enough to realize people don't want to pay modern price for 30 year old technology.

those who don't fall in the above category say no really... thats pretty sweet looking. most of the time (when i had my badges still on) i got the honda type R syndrome. everyone thought i was just putting honda badges on it to be "cool" or throw people off to who really made it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The couple of times anyone's asked me about it I've freely said it's a Honda. If that makes them think less of it that when they first saw it, then to me it seems like that's thier problem.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have no problem with saying Honda just like people to think wow (I like them to think i have a bike they can't afford LOL)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Usually ask them to guess, then watch their jaw drop when I freely tell them its a Honda. I debage also, did the same with my car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mine is de-badged except for the Honda on the engine. If someone is really observant, I might get asked if it's a custom built around a Honda engine. Otherwise most people assume it's completely custom. Most people just comment on how nice it is and stare. I get asked how much it cost to have it built more than who built it. I love telling them it is a Honda at that point. I have never had anyone say anything negative to my face. The worst comment I have gotten came from my buddy who said he liked it, but commented on all the plastic. That is funny coming from him since he rides a Honda too. Usually people just say they did not know Honda built bikes like that and tell me how good it looks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Word seems to be getting out though, because I was out last weekend and someone asked if it was the new Honda Fury. I also was asked what I road the other day by a store clerk who looked at my license. When I told him the Fury, he said he had heard of them but had never actually seen one. I had to smile when he look disappointed that I did not have it in the parking lot for him to check out right then.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you are not proud to ride it, why ride it?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Mine is fully de-badged, then again I take the badges off everything as I hate badges and stickers. When I get asked what sort of bike it is I just tell them it's a Honda Fury. The usual reaction is "that's a Honda!", "never heard of the Fury". I get the best reaction and compliments from non riding people and mostly women at that. One chick was drooling all over it and I asked her what she liked about and she said it's a Honda, it's a chopper and I can ride on it without being a biker chick. It's a socially acceptable chopper.

Guess we failed the tough biker test then..... man if my daughter heard that, she would be paying out on me with her wild hog jokes.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
debadged all the way.in a poker run saturday there were 90 harleys 1 yammy and 3 hondas.one of the guys on a harley is trying to sell it to buy a fury.they all know i ride a fury and they all like it.i guess its where you ride and who you ride with.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts