Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Still working on this Reflashing issue.
Communicating with two places, one here in Florida and one in Australia. I'll let you know when I know 馃

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Waiting for reply

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Sent some pictures of the ECU & Part number so he can research it himself.
This guy and the local shop are very interested. Do to the potential sales and the need the guys here and I have to mod our bikes. The guy here thinks my bike is "Just cool " 馃槑 says he can't wait to get her on the dyno! If he can tune it.

Registered
It's a really tough and sketchy time for tuners right now. The EPA is cracking down hard, I've seen a lot of shops get taken down.

Admirable to keep the thought of tuning alive, but I'd suggest keeping the tuners names and companies out of the forums for the time being and just work with them on the side.

Another forum I'm apart of, there are lawsuits coming down, and they are using the forum posts as evidence. I've read the legal docs from the prosecution since they are public. This is why many companies are shutting their doors to tuning to try and salvage the other parts of their company without getting completely canned.

Just my 2c though, but having seen it happen before my eyes, don't want to see it happen to the any more of the men and women who have built their shops from the ground up.

Registered
Good point Krash. The best bet may turn out to be someone outside of the USA. At least we have a company from the EU and one from Oz so we might get lucky. I can't see anyone outside of the USA being worried about the EPA.

Registered
Good point Krash. The best bet may turn out to be someone outside of the USA. At least we have a company from the EU and one from Oz so we might get lucky. I can't see anyone outside of the USA being worried about the EPA.
It's not just within the US either. Canada is starting to get hit too. Other countries likely to follow suit. I'm just saying for the sake of keeping the tuners around for the future (whether it's the US or another country), I'd leave shops and names out of it, because I think we all want to be able to have these mods in the future!

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm sorry, never occurred to me that others may be watching our posts. Fing spies.
I will go back and blackout names and contact information from my previous posts and from future posts on this subject.馃か

Registered
I'm sorry, never occurred to me that others may be watching our posts. Fing spies.
I will go back and blackout names and contact information from my previous posts and from future posts on this subject.馃か
No need to apologize. Basically what it comes down to is the EPA hires people to create fake accounts, then they ask really "bait-like" questions. The threads get a bunch of answers and you never hear from the original poster again and the EPA yanks that thread as evidence against those called out in the threads. As well, if (and most likely when) they decide to go down the rabbit hole, it could possibly lead to the people associated and who have been tuned by these places. That's not their goal currently, it's just to shut down the tuning/emissions shops that don't comply. I completely don't agree with what they're doing FWIW.

Registered
XXX uses YYY I believe. And they do not offer services for Honda鈥檚 other than the cbrs I believe.
If you didn't read my post up above (#26), I'd suggest reading it and editing your post...

Registered
My bad. Whole thread may need to be edited then

Registered
My bad. Whole thread may need to be edited then
All good, just trying to look out for those that are still in the business.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
My dam images for this thread look like a redacted Hillary Clinton emails. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
Negative. We can still read most of them, they are not just gone.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts