Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some upgrades on my Fury since I have another six weeks or so until riding again. One of these is switching up the grips which is pretty simple but really important for comfort, etc. Does anyone on here have the Kuryakyn Iso Grips? Do you like them? Does anyone else have another suggestion other than the Kury's?

Kryakyn

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The Kurys are nice you can swap to different end caps too and they have the wild collection Grip lights that you can use to replace your front signals

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
What theme are you going for on your bike..? That was my major driving force behind all of my add-on's once I figured out that I really liked spikes. I didn't realize I was going for the spike/tribal theme until I started adding things errr, spiky to the bike, starting with the mirrors, then grips... Xoprodox makes some good grips, some with a rubber or foam insert in the middle... Kury makes some good grips too as you well know (2 of the people that I ride with have the exact grips you are asking about, they both like them), Accutronix & others... You can go to any of the major online distributors and just peruse through the grips... maybe you'll see one that pop's out at you, that is what I did @ least :cool: ...

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I'm doing some upgrades on my Fury since I have another six weeks or so until riding again. One of these is switching up the grips which is pretty simple but really important for comfort, etc. Does anyone on here have the Kuryakyn Iso Grips? Do you like them? Does anyone else have another suggestion other than the Kury's?

Kryakyn

Thanks,
Larry
Larry:
Yes, I have the Kury ISO Grips. I like them a lot.
When riding without gloves they took the vibration away over the stock ones.
Kury are probably the easiest to install since they don't require taking the throttle assembly off. They just slide on with super adhesive glue. You have like 2 seconds to have them position right.
View attachment 1945 View attachment 1946

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larry:
Kury are probably the easiest to install since they don't require taking the throttle assembly off. They just slide on with super adhesive glue. You have like 2 seconds to have them position right.
:D
Hey Tony - great closeup, that's what I needed to see. I like them a lot. It's such a simple mod compared to all the other stuff we've done but it's gotta be perfect! I think I'm going with these and placing the stiletto ends too so it will go with the spike intake (like Redspawn suggested) theme.

Kool

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Larry the ISO are great choice a for sure comfort grip but whatever grip you decide to go with make sure to factor in and consider the riding comfort and not just the looks and go with something with some rubber on it. Don't make the mistake I did buying a nice custom chrome grip that looks awesome until you get on and ride and then feel every road and engine vibration never mind the coldness of the steel and slipperiness of your hand sweating on a hot day from a smooth chrome finish. Check out the comfort grips they have a chrome finish with black rubber strips and are designed with a slight oval design that fits and is made to better and naturally cup the hand for less vibration and an added comfort. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Larry:
Larry,
Have to second what Tony said. Him and I are the ones RSS where talking about. The ISO's made a large difference with the ride. I also suggest the Throttle Boss to go with them. Tony has one on each side (Guessing so he will not lean to much to one side while cruising... LOL :D). I my self only have it on the useful side.. the throttle. I would add a pic but Tony beat me to it. Hope this also helps with the choice... Cheers. :cool:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Larry,
Have to second what Tony said. Him and I are the ones RSS where talking about. The ISO's made a large difference with the ride. I also suggest the Throttle Boss to go with them. Tony has one on each side (Guessing so he will not lean to much to one side while cruising... LOL :D). I my self only have it on the useful side.. the throttle. I would add a pic but Tony beat me to it. Hope this also helps with the choice... Cheers. :cool:
Yes ..... I'm rolling with those. The stilettos on the end make them a bit more attractive too IMO. I found these too which would match the stilettos and spike intake theme BUT I'm not sure if they can be modified to fit the Fury and it's a little bit over the top. I just thought they were kool.

Kryakyn - Metric - Spun Blade Spinning Axle Caps

Larry

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yes ..... I'm rolling with those. The stilettos on the end make them a bit more attractive too IMO. I found these too which would match the stilettos and spike intake theme BUT I'm not sure if they can be modified to fit the Fury and it's a little bit over the top. I just thought they were kool.

Larry
Those would be different... if you get them since they are for the VTX they may just work.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

Larry
I have contacted Kury about those... They will not fit the Fury, but.. as you said, they may be "made" to fit... wasn't willing to try it, if you do it... let us know the results! They keep telling everybody that they are coming out with stuff for the Fury... but, doubt they will as they are in their little comfy bubble (besides the engine covers of course)

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Hmmm, after I buy everything else... Might buy these (buying all sorts of stuff since I just got my Taxes back)... Since, I have a full mechanical shop at my disposal... I'll let others know what they need to do to mod these "if" they need modding...

·
Registered
18 Posts
We added the Karyukan flame grips yesterday and they are great. And yes do decode on your theme for your bike an dwork with that.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I looked at the ISO-Grips (#6240) today at the dealer and was really surprised on how well they feel. Looks like everyone is happy with them, so I guess I will start shopping for them online. If anyone knows of a good deal going right now, let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.