Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of on the fence with that windshield...Is it just for looks or does it actually serve a purpose? Looks to me like it would direct bugs right to your face...

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
It keeps the bugs off my speedometer, doesn't do much to help me, I was alot of bugs off my helmet, but I like the looks of the screen

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just ordered the screen. I like the looks of it and it is hard cleaning the bugs off the speedometer housing.

·
Registered
490 Posts
MY OPINION, Looks lame, can't do much, does nothing much for the look of the bike, but it does not detract much from it either. If you are going to get it, go whole hog, (no pun intended) and get the backrest, as well as the spoiler.

·
Registered
82 Posts
MY OPINION, Looks lame, can't do much, does nothing much for the look of the bike, but it does not detract much from it either. If you are going to get it, go whole hog, (no pun intended) and get the backrest, as well as the spoiler.
My opinion from having the screen is it does work, nothing like a big screen, but enough to justify it.your right in that it doesn't take anything away from the bike-

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like the windshield

I reluctantly added the windshield (didn't care for the looks of it that much); but the windblast at highway speeds was leaving me feeling kinda beat up. Had my dealer put it on; rode the bike home over surface streets (25-50 mph), and found that at those speeds the little screen does nothing. nada. zip.
HOWEVER, it looks a LOT better on the bike in real life than it does in various pics I've seen. I've actually decided I like it - very small; doesn't draw your eyes to it and is, in fact, in some situations actually kinda hard to see.
Now, the good news - at highway speeds, it definitely makes a small but *signifigant* difference. Feels to me like it deflects about 10-15% of that windstream up over your head. (btw I'm 6'2" - if you're shorter might do even better, not sure ... )
That 10-15% might not sound like much, but it really took the edge off that highway-speed beating-me-up windstream.
Just remember it's a teeny little screen - not gonna do what a big highway windscreen will do - but then how ludicrous would a big highway windscreen look on a fury lol?
It's just the first of many addon's that're gonna suck my bank account dry in the near future, but I like it and consider it money well spent.
(Hope this helps, and if you don't like it as much as I do don't get mad at me please - this is all pretty subjective :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts