Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am done with this reaper FRONT fender! If I need to adjust a part on my bike every time I ride then the part is either incomplete or flawed! F**K THIS!
I painted my lower tubes a few days ago and put the reaper fender back on! All I wanted to do was ride today! But before I went out I figured I would check the bolts one more time! of course they were loose! Not even a quarter turn and the god damn bolt broke for the second time! This is ridiculous! We should not need to add extra support to the fender just to stay in place!
It is sold incomplete! It looks great but is flawed!
I have $325 into the fender and will send it to someone in return for your stock matte silver fender along with $100 sent to paypal.
The reaper is in good shape but needs touch up paint around the bolt holes from cranking on it so hard. Cracked the paint! Will post pics tomorrow or send them as needed. Gonna take them tomorrow.
PM or post here!
I pay shipping for my fender and you pay shipping for yours. Only UPS or Fed X.
I need it fast! I will pay the extra to over night it!:D
I need the stock fender to use while I wait for the new Sumo fender.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM message sent!! sorry for ur frustration!
Thanks D.
Fender still up for sale! Defense thought it was the rear. It's the front.
I adjusted my original post to reflect this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks D.
Fender still up for sale! Defense thought it was the rear. It's the front.
I adjusted my original post to reflect this.
Thanks.
Two questions (niether of which will lead me to buy your fender...sorry)

1) What didn't you like about the stock fender?

2) How is the Sumo better than stock?

I ask #2 because the corp network here thinks that Sumo is a parked domain so I can't just look it up for myself. I really liked the look of the Reaper, so I'm curious about your thoughts on the new Sumo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
L&M junk front fender

I am done with this reaper FRONT fender! If I need to adjust a part on my bike every time I ride then the part is either incomplete or flawed! F**K THIS!
I painted my lower tubes a few days ago and put the reaper fender back on! All I wanted to do was ride today! But before I went out I figured I would check the bolts one more time! of course they were loose! Not even a quarter turn and the god damn bolt broke for the second time! This is ridiculous! We should not need to add extra support to the fender just to stay in place!
I have $325 into the fender and will send it to someone in return for your stock matte silver fender along with $100 sent to paypal.
The reaper is in good shape but needs touch up paint around the bolt holes from cranking on it so hard. Cracked the paint! Will post pics tomorrow or send them as needed. Gonna take them tomorrow.
PM or post here!
Thanks!
If you haven't resolve this I may have one for you :)
I do not want your old fender :(
pm me Pete

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
PM or post here!
Thanks!

Glad that I sold mine and NEVER mounted it!
:eek:
I was more worried about the rocks getting stuck in between tire and fender

Funny how 2 years later and only 2 -3 people making a front tin/fender??? No one is stepping up to make a real METAL fender?
Is the Sumo metal??

I lost a few bucks on the Reaper and other L&M stuff, but my calm cool is priceless!:cool:

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The Sumo fender is fiberglass.

Byber, when installing the Sumo fender, there are two little metal filler pieces that are different sizes. Make sure you get them right or your fender will not be centered correctly.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Two questions (niether of which will lead me to buy your fender...sorry)

1) What didn't you like about the stock fender?

2) How is the Sumo better than stock?

I ask #2 because the corp network here thinks that Sumo is a parked domain so I can't just look it up for myself. I really liked the look of the Reaper, so I'm curious about your thoughts on the new Sumo.

Thanks!
Simply looks!
Sumo is close to the reaper but not as tight. If it gets a little loose it will still be fine.
See the difference? Reaper looks so much better. Which would you pick?

THIS IS THE SUMO FRONT FENDER. Except the one I want is pointed more like the reaper. Richards is more rounded.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Byber is that thing made out of fiberglass ? Why not fill the holes and drill new ones but not just fill them add fiberglass matting to the inside.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hay byber, have you seen my last post on the L&M front fender thread?
This amy solve the issue, if you want to give it a try that is.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/7236-low-mean-front-reaper-eating-front-tire-3.html#post145543
Thanks Steve!

Byber is that thing made out of fiberglass ? Why not fill the holes and drill new ones but not just fill them add fiberglass matting to the inside.
That would most definatly be a sure fix Billy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Simply looks!
Sumo is close to the reaper but not as tight. If it gets a little loose it will still be fine.
See the difference? Reaper looks so much better. Which would you pick?

THIS IS THE SUMO FRONT FENDER. Except the one I want is pointed more like the reaper. Richards is more rounded.
Awesome response. Thank you. Just by looking at them, I'd still pick the Reaper. I'm a woodworker though, it's hard to imagine that something that long can be supported properly by something so small. Beauty in the engineering? Or, maybe it doesn't work. Not all buildings stay standing. Thanks byber, and good luck with the new one. Take some pics and let us know whatcha think.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well put!
Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts