Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a Helmet to fit the Fury and found this one: Draxtar Motorcycle Helmet - webBikeWorld the Draxter P104, I love the look and it's ECE 22-05 certified so should be pretty safe. Not sure if it goes with the Fury look but wanted to throw it out here.

What helmets are you guys wearing?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Man that thing looks like something a fighter pilot would wear,lol..cool though!
I've been on the helmet search also And I want to get something ALL black I was originally looking at half helmets but I just dont like the way they fit or how they look on my head(stick out to far on the sides). So Im gonna go with a full face helmet in ALL black so far im liking the "bell apex" or the "shoei rf-700" I have a shoei X-11 I wear with my sportbike, they make a great helmet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
full face, dont wear anything else. Never even heard of matching helmet to bike, the bike is replaceable your face is not, full face !

·
Registered
27 Posts
I only look for the stylish DOT and SNELL logo, beyond that its just graphics. Although having said that, my last 30,000 miles or so were done with a Nolan flip-up helmet that is NOT SNELL rated.

When I was younger I used to spend money on helmets with cool paint jobs and graphics and was always upset when I threw them away in 3 years, now just plain grey/silver for me. I know helmets are supposed to be replaced every 5 years but after 3 to 4 years for me its time to replace that worn out brain bucket and I was throwing away expensive graphics. Guess I am not stylish...the bike has the style and I will be out there in my old leathers (full leathers) and full-face helmet (yes, I will probably replace my Nolan flip-up with a Arai).

Maybe that gear is why I ride more in the winter than I do the summer but its also why I walked into the ambulance (ok limped) and then hospital when soccer mom ran a stop sign.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Helmet Up Fury Riders !

Great to see all the fuss over helmets ! I've worn a full face since the days of trading my Jofa in ! (that will date me) I would suggest the good ol' boy's at H-D have a winner with their FXRG series helmet- the lightest,most wide view I have found,and other than the h-d logo is one heck of a helmet.
I'd also like a bit of opinion on this subject-I take good care of my equipment,it's stored climate controlled,in a helmet bag,ride less than 4k per year with any specific helmet-do they really need to be replaced in 3-5 years regardless? If so,man my shoei rf700 should live in a muesem as it is still perfect ! And on it's second clear lens ! I plan on finding a way to cover the logo's on my fxrg - anxiously awaiting my Fury ......

·
Registered
27 Posts
They say you should replace helmets every 5 years due to the foam in them breaking down, regardless of use. If you use them more then the foam breaks down even more, by the time I get to around 3 or 4 years, I have 30,000+ miles on my helmets and its time for a change.

Now how true is it if it sits on the shelf most of the time ? I have no idea, could be a sales pitch but the foam breaking down makes sense to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
LOW PROFILE HALF HELMET (Help)

Hello my friends! I'm trying to find a low profile helmet that is DOT approved. I have a mushroom top helmet at the moment and it looks kinda dorky. Could you guys help me locate what Im looking for?

·
Registered
163 Posts
LOW PROFILE HALF HELMET (Help)

Hello my friends! I'm trying to find a low profile helmet that is DOT approved. I have a mushroom top helmet at the moment and it looks kinda dorky. Could you guys help me locate what Im looking for?
I wear a Carbonfiber Extended Half DOT Helmet made by Head Trip Helmets. Its the lowest profile and lightest weight of any DOT half helmet. Got mine in flat black for about $185.

check'em out at
HeadTrip Helmets by ADVANCED CARBON COMPOSITES

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did see the carbon helmets and I really like'em. I have considered buying one, I was just wondering if there were any other helmets for about half the price?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did see the carbon helmets and I really like'em. I have considered buying one, I was just wondering if there were any other helmets for about half the price?
Good luck, i don't think there's anything comparable at half the price

·
Registered
889 Posts
would you store a ferrari in a carport in order to save money by not building a garage? how much is your head worth to you? i'm not telling you to buy the most expensive one there is, i'm just saying that i wouldn't consider trying to save money in this area. i've been down. hard. i owe my life to a quality helmet. pick out a good one and then shop around for a lower price on THAT helmet. i don't mean to rub you the wrong way, but like i said, if i had decided to buy a cheap helmet, i wouldn't be sitting here typing this. fwiw: the helmet i was wearing when went down was an Icon Mainframe helmet. i t-boned a minivan at 100mph. good helmets protect even dumb riders...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Man that thing looks like something a fighter pilot would wear,lol..cool though!
I've been on the helmet search also And I want to get something ALL black I was originally looking at half helmets but I just dont like the way they fit or how they look on my head(stick out to far on the sides). So Im gonna go with a full face helmet in ALL black so far im liking the "bell apex" or the "shoei rf-700" I have a shoei X-11 I wear with my sportbike, they make a great helmet.
i have a scorpion exo 700 that has been in the closet ever since i bought my shoei x11. the x11 is so nice i wear it on the fury too. i'm too spoiled with it to not wear it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Low half helmet

would you store a ferrari in a carport in order to save money by not building a garage? how much is your head worth to you? i'm not telling you to buy the most expensive one there is, i'm just saying that i wouldn't consider trying to save money in this area. i've been down. hard. i owe my life to a quality helmet. pick out a good one and then shop around for a lower price on THAT helmet. i don't mean to rub you the wrong way, but like i said, if i had decided to buy a cheap helmet, i wouldn't be sitting here typing this. fwiw: the helmet i was wearing when went down was an Icon Mainframe helmet. i t-boned a minivan at 100mph. good helmets protect even dumb riders...
Maybe you missunderstood, I am looking for a low profile half helmet that is DOT Approved. I have seen the Carbon Fiber helmets and I really like them. It's not the safety factor I was trying to cut cost, it was the expensive custom sized, Carbon Fiber price tag. It's like not buying a top of the line $800 helmet, but a Snell & DOT Approved $400 helmet. "Catch my drift"? Besides, half helmets aren't much protection anyway. All the damaged helmets I have seen were alway damaged around the face, chin, sides and back of the helmet, not really the top.

The question is:

Where can I score a low profile half helmet, one that sits low? I have a mushroom top helmet now and it's pretty dorky looking sitting up so high off the top of my head, reminds me of a hardhat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Maybe you missunderstood, I am looking for a low profile half helmet that is DOT Approved. I have seen the Carbon Fiber helmets and I really like them. It's not the safety factor I was trying to cut cost, it was the expensive custom sized, Carbon Fiber price tag. It's like not buying a top of the line $800 helmet, but a Snell & DOT Approved $400 helmet. "Catch my drift"? Besides, half helmets aren't much protection anyway. All the damaged helmets I have seen were alway damaged around the face, chin, sides and back of the helmet, not really the top.

The question is:

Where can I score a low profile half helmet, one that sits low? I have a mushroom top helmet now and it's pretty dorky looking sitting up so high off the top of my head, reminds me of a hardhat.
The Carbon Fiber ones sit lowest and don't look all mushroom topish. I think its your only bet for the look you want plus being DOT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Full Face here as well...the Shoei RF-1000 in matte black. Super comfortable, great airflow, and really really easy to swap the face shield. (takes about 10 seconds) I have a clear one for night and a smoke black for day. That smoke black is a WONDERFUL thing on a bright sunny day...I've thought about going to half helmet..but here's my theory fwiw... If you crash in a half helmet..you're face is going to be allll jacked up..but you're brain will probably be OK. So that way, you'll be fully aware of just how F'd up you look now!! lol

·
Registered
889 Posts

The question is:

ok you're right. i misunderstood. you ARE looking for something that's been safety rated and that's good. try Get Your Motorcycle Accessories , Motorcycle Helmets , and Motorcross GEAR at The Iron Pony! i think i've seen those carbon ones there

·
Registered
889 Posts
Can any body recommend a helmet that they own and wear that is both quiet and light ???
scorpion exo 700 is pretty quiet and light. the shoei x11 is lighter (i think) but has better vents making it louder.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts