Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I highly doubt it. There isn't anywhere logical to attach it to. The only way to do this would be to drill through the rear fender under the seat and catch one of the rear fender supports. It would probably really mess up the lines of the bike as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Talked to Mustang last month. They have no plans for the Fury. They are waiting to see how many Furys are made and what the future production plans are for this bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Driver Backrest?

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but that would be the most UN-COOL thing you can do to a chopper. The other tied for first place most UN-COOL thing would be stapping on some saddle bags.

Honda makes bikes for both of those accessories, but this one aint it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but that would be the most UN-COOL thing you can do to a chopper. The other tied for first place most UN-COOL thing would be stapping on some saddle bags.

Honda makes bikes for both of those accessories, but this one aint it.
Some people want a bike that fits, but like me, need some of these 'un-cool' addons like bags... Personally I wound't want a back rest but, I need a place to keep my medical supplies with me and other things (backpack won't do...). But how un-cool do you think it is if you see a chopper with bags on the back for a guys medical stuff and then you see the guy riding with one fake leg... Still think it's uncool? I'd call that cooler than any of us could dream to become.

Just cause you don't like the appearance of something, doesn't make it un-cool. Even I agree I would like the appearance naked, but unfortunately, if/when I get my Fury, I have to have bags... (that's what I'm waiting on...) But does that really make me un-cool because I love the bike but have to make a sacrifice to be able to enjoy it? Or would you then go so far as to say then I don't belong on a Fury. So due to my medical situation, I can't ride one even though I can ride any other bike out there (as long as I can get my leg over the top, and no, I'm not the aforementioned one-legged guy that got me back into riding... I have MS which makes me very weak in the legs. But I can sit with the best of em. LOL!)

Honestly, if it was possible, I'd put crashbars and bags on it. Not at all for looks, but for function should I slip and drop it at a light. I could do without the bars but I have to have bags for medical supplies I have to take. I'd prefer to keep it completely naked for personal taste, but God has other requirements for my fat @$$...

EDIT: And besides, come to think of it. The whole point of a chopper asthetically was to be different from everything else, so what's uncool about someone willing to bag it out and be a bit more different? Personally I'd also like a taller sissy bar. Bigger Gas Tank, etc... But that's again just being different...

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Personally I'd also like a taller sissy bar. Bigger Gas Tank, etc... But that's again just being different...
I will be in line waiting with you on those goodies.

On topic... I dont think it would be too hard for a company or even a garage builder to fab up a back rest.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Do you guys think someone will come out with a driver backrest:confused:
The below was taken from another thread in case you missed it....

Here's one for ya. I like you was not so impressed with the factory seat on long hauls so I emailed Corbin Saddles. They had not seen the bike yet so were not able to upgrade the seat easily. They asked if I could leave the bike w/them which was two weeks ago. Here is the finished product which just posted today. They are working on the rear now. I cant wait to sit on this seat. Here's the link. Man I miss my ride!!!!

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda Fury Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
You loose the line with that look...
I'm thinking that Corbin seat is more Gold Wing than Fury. Sometimes I wonder if the Chiropractors Union invented the chopper. I too can see the benefit of a backrest and would endeavor to have someone fabricate a hinge mechanism for the passenger "seat" that would allow it to fold upward, forward and lock to offer some support to your lower back. Lower it when parked to retain the aesthetic beauty of the original line and avoid the scorn of the Choppers Alliance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Some people want a bike that fits, but like me, need some of these 'un-cool' addons like bags... Personally I wound't want a back rest but, I need a place to keep my medical supplies with me and other things (backpack won't do...). But how un-cool do you think it is if you see a chopper with bags on the back for a guys medical stuff and then you see the guy riding with one fake leg... Still think it's uncool? I'd call that cooler than any of us could dream to become.

Just cause you don't like the appearance of something, doesn't make it un-cool. Even I agree I would like the appearance naked, but unfortunately, if/when I get my Fury, I have to have bags... (that's what I'm waiting on...) But does that really make me un-cool because I love the bike but have to make a sacrifice to be able to enjoy it? Or would you then go so far as to say then I don't belong on a Fury. So due to my medical situation, I can't ride one even though I can ride any other bike out there (as long as I can get my leg over the top, and no, I'm not the aforementioned one-legged guy that got me back into riding... I have MS which makes me very weak in the legs. But I can sit with the best of em. LOL!)

Honestly, if it was possible, I'd put crashbars and bags on it. Not at all for looks, but for function should I slip and drop it at a light. I could do without the bars but I have to have bags for medical supplies I have to take. I'd prefer to keep it completely naked for personal taste, but God has other requirements for my fat @$$...

EDIT: And besides, come to think of it. The whole point of a chopper asthetically was to be different from everything else, so what's uncool about someone willing to bag it out and be a bit more different? Personally I'd also like a taller sissy bar. Bigger Gas Tank, etc... But that's again just being different...
I'm with you my brother! "Cool" just like "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder! If you love the Fury...you are one of us. I say, get your Fury and do with it what ever fits your personality, style or needs. There is no such thing as an uncool Fury or Fury rider!

·
Registered
491 Posts
You know honda makes a very cool bike that is basically an accessory platform, It's the VTX 1300. If you want backrests and bags and highway bars, that would be the bike for you. Here's a pic of mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a 17 inch long by 10 inch dia. headlite bag on mine. looks good and can fit alot in it. Just a thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts