We wanted to get some stopping power and happened to have two rear calipers. So. Why not?
Not my thing but as a fellow fabricator, I totally appreciate the work done. You should put a second caliper on the front too just to say you can and did! Lol! Good jobWell. I'm not a chrome guy. I'm also not a bolt on guy. Or a follow the crowd guy. Isn't that the reason to get a Fury over an 883?
1. That's obvious and cheap.
2. Mine is, a daily driver. I don't need chrome.
3. I'm not running a front brake.
4. Dual caliper increases piston strength. A 34mm rear caliper piston is pretty common even on sport bikes. So. It's an unfair comparison at any level to compare our anemic cruiser to well, anything. lol.
5. Again. An unfair comparison. Seeing as this is a part I created for MY bike. I'm aware of the lockup. Which. Is why I cruise and not ride bumpers. I wanted, a cleaner looking handlebar and 26" front wheel. I feel, like you're projecting or generalizing a certain kind of Fury rider. Rather than, celebrate an accomplishment. Keep buying overpriced dealer stuff so they, can, ride Harleys after work. ???
We did the double banjo.@Oddie
I wouldn't use a Y- connection/hose...
I would get a double banjo bolt and stack the lines on the forward most rear caliper and just run a short hose between the two calipers.
View attachment 235045 View attachment 235046
Much cleaner that way IMO.
Good job on being different... that's what it's all about.
As an FYI... you might check into the "foot brake" master cylinder from an ABS Fury as the piston inside them is a larger diameter (by about 33% if my memory serves me) which would handle 2 calipers better.
The ABS bikes run a dual piston rear caliper and a 3 piston front caliper and the "rear" (foot) master cylinder operates the dual piston rear caliper as well as the center piston of the front caliper on those ABS bikes.
Ha. Thanks. We considered it but, I wanted to do an older style.Not my thing but as a fellow fabricator, I totally appreciate the work done. You should put a second caliper on the front too just to say you can and did! Lol! Good job
Btw... nice air seat I see peeking out there