Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have the Dyno Jet PCV for my fury put it on last year. As far as performance mods i have D&M Spike Intake and Cobra Swepts without baffles, bike runs out good but wanted to have it ran on a Dyno to see how much power i could get out of it. I wanted to run two fuel maps one for max horsepower and one for good fuel economy for long trips so i called DynoJet dirrectly in Las Vegas to order the Fuel Map Switch, ordered it set up the appiontment for Dyno Run at local Dyno Jet Licensed shop. I installed the switch where i wanted it on the bike and ran the wiring back to the PCV Box but did not plug it in. Key words "didnt plug it in". So i got to the shop we put bike on Dyno got it all set up made one run to see were it was at before he started tuning it, reminder this is @ $75.00 an hour and after the base run made a few adjustments and then went to plug in the fuel map switch to the PCV box and guess what wrong plug on switch!!!! The PCV has 4 prong plug in and the switch has a 3 prong plug WTF!!!!!! When i ordered the switch i made sure to tell them what Power Commander i had what bike it was for and asked if i needed the Multi port hub to run it, they assured me it would plug right in to the PCV. So now i have a bill at the shop for about 2 hours which they were very cool about "didnt make me pay said they would just open an account and i could pay when we dyno the bike with correct switch" but we didnt get any tuning done. Now i have to take the switch out get the new one and set up another appiontment for Dyno run. Just my luck!!!! Has anyone else put the Fuel Map Switch on their bike ?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
nope, I havent found need for it unless your running at the track (trying to optimize time with leanest mix before performance drop), octane changes (high octane lower knock risks, leaner mix potentials), nos (spraying or not) or crazy climate changes. By leaning out the mix your getting a few more HP, but at the cost of higher cyl temps. Your peak performance should be whatever stoich falls then for engine safety a little rich to act as a safe guard. With it like that you have best power without having to worry about detonation.

reason the switch would be good for climate changes is because:
- lower Atmospheric pressure less dense air making you need less fuel (starving Oxygen so less combustion potential),
- colder temp higher density air so need more fuel(more oxygen cramed into cyl),
- humidity makes air less dense so you would need less fuel (starving Oxygen from combustion cycle).

The most drastic change typical rides would see is with temperature, since elevation isnt drastically changed (like in flying) so it stays close and humidity is a minimal effect since it is based on the saturation limit for air at that temperature (If environment potential is 1ci water per 10 cf air then at 100% humidity you have less than 1/4% of water vapor so still almost the same combustion potential).

With me I ride in about 40-100 degree weather so it is a bit of a change but takes time for that big of a change (plug into the computer then reprogram a summer or winter profile). I am stuck at close to sea level, and have high humidity always, and gas prices i'd rather pump cheap gas so my maps would be very similar unless I start traveling alot with the bike.

Also Octane/power stuff is a misconception, It a knock resistance since going too lean causes knocking. High octane = less nock at same flow rate, so you can go leaner and potentially make more power.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would like 2 have your map i have l&m spike /cobra swepts no baffles /dynojet pc5 /pair valve block off plates .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I apologize but our tech should have told you that this switch will work for your PCV you just need to cut off the connector. The PCV is looking for any open/close type switch so this one will work for you.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
You want to what?:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DYNO JETS reply is correct i spoke with another rep yesterday and they told me to cut off plug and hard wire it. And it worked, now if only the person i spoke with the first time when i ordered the switch would have told me that, but anyways. Guys i will be taking the bike back in probably next week to get the DynoRun done for the SECOND TIME going to have 2 maps done 1st will be for good fuel eco. we did make one run the other day and the Air/Fuel was pretty good just a little rich in the higher Rpm's which they said was fine with a high flow intake. The run showed 73HP and 80torque that was with no tuning, and i get about 130 miles to a full tank so the first map may just be where its at now. And the second they will individually tune each cylinder for max power, so i guess we will wait and see.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Nothing against DYNO JET, but why don't they just sell the switch with the RIGHT connector on it?

I have never bought an accessory that I had to mod to get it to work.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No idea why they have it that way. I put it on last year with a base map they programmed for me. When i called to order it they told me it would plug right in so i never thought to check the PCV manual until after the problem and in the manual it does show to hard wire in a switch, the PCV has small ports i guess you could call them in the side with set screws and there is a diagram for which ports are for what acc. Also you can use any toggle switch so you dont have to use their switch which is a little expensive. Live and learn i guess at least i dont have to take out switch and put in a new one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will post results once its done and if i can i will try to get the maps available if anyone would want them. I believe i can download them onto DynoJet's website and then they are available to anyone, i will have to see! But we now have snow again here in WI, supposed to get 5-6in tonight so hopefully it will be gone and warm up by next week so i can get the bike up there.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Nothing against DYNO JET, but why don't they just sell the switch with the RIGHT connector on it?

I have never bought an accessory that I had to mod to get it to work.

Just sayin.
:eek: You must be lucky! It seems almost half of the stuff I get needs some sort of mod to make it fit correctly (holes slightly too small, the bend not quite right, scuffs need to be polished out, hoses a bit too short, wrong crimps on wires, slightly oversize and needs grinding, brackets that don't fit at all..... etc).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts